• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

Sadly we always seems to lose a couple of people at least, and at worst it causes a landslide. We've already had hiroshima, I remember wakayama a few years back.

Makes me glad that I live on the featureless Kanto plain sometimes.

This time I'm actually quite worried about te Ontake area; a lot of that very slippery volcanic ash mixed with rain does not equal a happy event.

I remember that typhoon as it was the first big one I experienced. Lots of damage in Numazu and a few deaths in Izu. Hopefully we get through this alright!

Ya...we really got smashed here in Ito especially immediately here in Usami by a tornado that formed. I lost a car and had $8k worth of damage to another. Also, had a bunch of damage to the side of the house from roof tiles flying off the neighbors house like frisbees. The car I lost was crushed by another neighbors roof flipping over on top of the car.

I remember that typhoon as it was the first big one I experienced. Lots of damage in Numazu and a few deaths in Izu. Hopefully we get through this alright!

Ya...we really got smashed here in Ito especially immediately here in Usami by a tornado that formed. I lost a car and had $8k worth of damage to another. Also, had a bunch of damage to the side of the house from roof tiles flying off the neighbors house like frisbees. The car I lost was crushed by another neighbors roof flipping over on top of the car.

Hopefully we can avoid it this time! For every 10 'false' alarms we usually get one doozy. The joys of living so close to the ocean I guess.

Makes me glad that I live on the featureless Kanto plain sometimes.

Until the tornadoes appear.

Oh man, I actually live pretty close to Koshigaya, where the tornado hit. One of my friends uploaded her video to YouTube and it got a ton of hits. Might try and fish it out.

Wind is getting stronger by the minute.. Storm shutters are banging away...

I'm always more worried about this mountain right behind us. Visions of that slide in Hiroshima.

Not too bad yet but has been raining like crazy for 24 hrs now. Wind has picked up a bit in the last 30 mins. Actually starting to gust pretty good.

We just started getting warnings about the river 200m from my house flooding. Pretty miserable but definitely have had much worse.

Eye of the storm is over us with the sun out a little.

Some strong gusts but not as bad as other areas, but as the back end pass over us we could get some very very strong winds before it finally passes.