• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

Hi all.

Sorry I have not been in contact but I had a great japan trip back in Jan.. 7 days in Nis then 1 night rest in Tokyo then 7 days in Myoko but on the 2nd last snowday I became one of the many muppets who had a stack and broke my arm. I got back to aus (much thanks to the great hotel staff in both Myoko and in Tokyo) and had a operation where they inserted 9 pins and a plate. I am still resting and taking it easy and trying to work out how I messed it up on a easy run...

thanks mate... I need to heal up then get back on the board otherwise this will spook me forever.

also lessons on how not to catch a forward edge on my board

Sounds like some bad luck there. I've broken quite a few bones from my days of BMXing but never had to get pins and plates. Come back from this injury stronger than before you hurt yourself. Also, set your bindings back a bit and forego the temptation to ride switch and you should be able to avoid catching your front edge. Most importantly, give yourself time to heal properly!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Black Mountain. I never broken a bone before in my life and in one go I fell forward (normaly I lift my toes, go back side and slow down but it snaped soo quickly) my elbow hit the ground driving the upper arm up slicing the top ball of the arm and fractuing the neck along the arm (made a meal of it)

The so called 'season' in Aus is out of the question while I heal, but I like to see (if I heal in time) is a simple 7 day trip in Japan with nothing but lessons and training.

I had a great time hell even Jetstar where very helpful on the return trip (!) if I need leg strength excerise so I can cope better with riding on my backfoot in powder

General fitness and linking turns at speed better and a few other things I like to work on. it is still early days. I spend the next 6 months tossing the idea about in my head :)

Good morning all.

I just want to say how BLOODY WONDERFUL my commute is this morning. The guy pressed up against me smells FANTASTIC, and I'm not in any way getting stink eye from OSSAN GRAVE DODGERS.

BLOODY LOVELY I TELL YOU.