Originally Posted By: samurai
However, most people over 40 who still ride snow do so on skis. I just don't know many snowboarders who made it a life-long commitment. And I know several skiers who made skiing thier retirement passion.

Surely snowboarding is rather "new" to the snow-riding industry, but I still find it strange that those who started riding boards (of which there are many) 20 years ago, ended up converting back to skis.

really? I have only been riding for 18 years, and i have only met 3 people that started earlier than me, and they are still snowboarding.
Wait another 20 years, and then perhaps it will be clearer if snowboarders will stick with snowboarding.

As for myself, i have no absolutely no desire to return to skiing, except perhaps for cross-country.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
I have only been riding for 18 years, and i have only met 3 people that started earlier than me, and they are still snowboarding.
Wait another 20 years, and then perhaps it will be clearer if snowboarders will stick with snowboarding.

As for myself, i have no absolutely no desire to return to skiing, except perhaps for cross-country.

Fair enough. I know age bracket has a lot to do with it.

But BettyBoo! is new here, right? (Hi BettyBoo!)

And she just asked a fairly normal and valid question I thought. You may not like it - but you can always ignore it surely?

wakaranai.gif

Yeah, I have no probs with her question Rach, and sorry Betty Boo, I wasn't taking the piss out of you. I was just having a laugh at the annual "We are better than you!" ribbing that goes on on SJ. I was not meaning to be nasty at all, but just trying to poke a bit of fun at the argument.

I just thing the "taking the piss" thing sometimes goes overboard, especially in posts by newcomers. Surely it can be kept to your "own" threads (like Snow in Japan and others).

It's no wonder some people are apprehensive about joining in.

OK I've been fairly serious this morning so far.

Time to get into weekend mood.

\:\)