• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Lord Coe answers the question:

Quote:
Why have you refused to ditch an Olympics logo that not only looks cheap, but was even a health hazard?

The logo itself wasn't a health hazard - the issues involving photosensitive epilepsy were caused by five seconds of animated footage we used as part of a launch film and we obviously regret any problems that may have caused The logo is undoubtedly very different from any other host city's logo - and that was deliberate. Our logo is bold and brave because our Games will be bold and brave. It's a very flexible logo, designed for the multi-media, digital age, and one which will evolve over time so it is as fresh in 2012 as it is today.

So.... now you know that now only does the new logo symbolise the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more. But... the games will also be bold and brave, as shown by the logo.

clap.gif

i'm glad to see they can predict future trends as well. i wonder what the UK olympic uniform will be - happy pants perhaps?

and i am terrified as to what sort of song they come up with. my money says it will be the sugababes

Quote:
The logo is undoubtedly very different from any other host city's logo - and that was deliberate. We wanted it to be utter shite, just to get the publicity. It was a bargain at $56 billion, in fact we wanted to pay more!!

Lord Cole was a Tory MP. Did you know that?
  • 1 year later...

Oh too funny....

The shape with the olympic rings in it looks a tiny bit like Australia - in an abstract kinda way!

What is it supposed to be? or represent?

And why is it pink?

what a waste of an opportunity to show the world that London is once more the desgn capital of the world. Cosmopolitan to the extreme, at the cutting edge of social ecconomic integration with not just Europe, but Mars as well.

and then the logo doh

I think we need some alternative suggestions. Here's mine.

totoro.jpg

I spent a lot of time on this. I think "It symbolises the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more."