• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But surely Kumapix you readily recognised it as "symbolising the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more." That much is surely obvious.

I think I'll have a few pints as well, before they get more expensive.

So you're saying you could see it symbolising the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

You must be blind or just plain daft! ;\)

I dunno. I personally saw it as symbolising the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

Didn't you see it symbolising the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more?

Nah I was just trying to understand why you couldn't see that the new design was symbolising the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

The Poms are constantly trying to prove their 'moderness' to the rest of the world with things like the Millenium dome and the London eye. This is just another classic example.

Why cant they just be proud of their heratige and the fact that they are yesterdays heros.

FWIW I'd like to see the bust of Captain Cook used in the Logo.

captain_cook.JPG

Thursday,

As far as poxy logos go the Beijing one isn't too bad, it has a nice blend of the a person running with the kanji (sorry don't know the word for it in Chinese) China. They avoided using a bloody panda which has to count for something.

To me it symbolises the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

Sobvious, innit?

(Can I have my 400,000 quid now? Cash please, I don't take cheques).

Originally Posted By: -20.7
I might be able to undercut you on price there soubs.

What do those Chinese characters symbolise? (apart from "the Olympic spirit, etc etc")

Rather than post it here, I'll give this to you

2008 Macots

I'm not sure that it symbolises the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

The London one very much so symbolises the Olympic spirit and the ability of the Games to inspire people to take part - not just as spectators, but as volunteers, in the Cultural Olympiad and more.

lol.gif Don't they cringe when coming up with that.

People like that have their heads so far up their arses with a feeling of self-importance, that no, they don't. Seen any of The Apprentice? (British, not the American version) Some of the wannabee apprentices are so sure of themselves and cocky that they actually say shit like that. :vomit:

The Apprentice sure is an interesting watch. Are the US and British versions similar?

All those travel ads on CNN make me want to throw something at the tv with their ridiculous slogans. The general public must be more stupid than us lot, that's surely the only explanation!

lol.gif No they just all live in an imaginary world, with stuffed ideas about what is actually good, and what is just cringe-worthy. They just seem to pander to each other's false sense of self-importance.