Niseko is looking sad right now. What's going on? No pow, little snow, no big dumps on the horizon.

I'm getting worried. I'm not too far away but wouldn't want to be making a huge trip there for whats on offer now.

Praying for pow.

merry fuggin xmas everyone!!

just got to niseko this avo, been in kyoto for 5 days (fantastic!) & this place is lookin DISMAL! oh dear... i really hope it dumps soon... will go & explore tomorrow, hopefully its not as bad up high as the lower slopes look... our pad is AMAZING! a brand-new flat right on the slopes, the s****iest place i have ever stayed in... so at worst, we can hang out there & throw snowballs at the skiiers on the bunny-hill ;\)

Just goes to show that Niseko is "human" after all. All that promise of deep Niseko pow looks a long way off ... I hope it snows for all you guys up there though. Nothing worse than a ski area with not enough snow.

The place'll probably transform itself overnight one of these nights. There must be some people with long faces up there though this week... \:\(

Sure is. Even if there not much snow I'm still going to have a ball. There are other aspects of riding to work on if the snow is crap. There's always something to improve on. \:\)

Everyone else seems to be very disheartened and have lost all hope, so someone has to be positive!

\:D

I'll be there this time in two weeks.

yes, and with or without powder I still think that it is the best resort that I have visited in Japan.... and I am yet to ride the whole mountain.

The snow that started to fall xmas afternoon transformed the place. There still is not enough base to make the tree riding as good as it probably could be, but it was still a buzz. I rode what at times felt like almost unlimited powder over the last 3 days. Anyone who rode Niseko since xmas arvo would not be unhappy. Less can be said for the week leading up to xmas. Most people were just getting pissed and sleeping in. Which reminds me, Niseko also offers a variety of social life after the lifts close - rare in this country. Oh yeah, those lifts are open for 12 hours non-stop every day and you can ride just about bloody anywhere. I know of about 8 under the rope powder stashes in the resort (most people would know them, I am nobody special). I would guess that there is a hell of a lot more.... WAY more, considering that none of my 8 spots require hiking and do not including any summit runs.

This is the final part of my advertisement. Get these easy going guys to sort your niseko visit and everything should work out well, no matter how stupid you are.

(oh yeah, I saw a few people wearing skijapan.com vests, one chick and another guy, I think they were brown with fluro yellow printing on the back).