Serious post season withdrawl has got me planning to head up to Norikura tomorrow to see whats about. I went this time last year so I know the terrain etc but I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to completing an Avalanche awareness course, yet.

From my understanding so far of spring conditions, is that afternoon sun can produce a 'wet slide'. Is this possible in the current weather/ conditions? No rain is expected tonight, in fact I heard that it is still getting some snowfall at nightime.

The line is on the right peak. You hike from around the back of that peak from the bustop (highest road in Japan).

0705260602.jpg

Any info appreciated.

TTT

Thanks mate, for the pointer. Just got back, there was about 30 skiers up there, bout 3 boarders (not including us). The weather went from spring beautiful to bad.............to worse, we just kept on boarding. Heaps of lines.............the mountain was kind to us. \:\)

Lots of hiking...........

Cheers,

TTT

Bring em on Dude! Takyubin to....

Simon Gordon Takayama Shingu Cho 1946 Banchi. \:\)

Truth be known, yeah binding at the moment.....as long as it serves the basic purpose of 1) Connecting my feet to a board then Im happy. And, actually that set of binding is a replacement for the original set that I deystroyed.

\:\)

• 1 month later...