Thursday, I upload all my Snow related photos to SnowJapan and my overseas non-snow travel related photos are linked. I think that's the way to go - keep SnowJapan on topic. If people want to see pictures of Indonesia - there are plenty of other places to do that.

would it be possible, in the near or far future, to get Preferences on the photo galler?

90% of my pics are the same setting:

specific folder (bakkan)

Prefecture: Nagano

Resort: Happo or Tsugaike

It would be great to have such preferences saved every time I go to upload photos.

Great to hear the increase to 500kb! Awesome

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks dizzy. Preferences? I really don't know. Another thing that I will bring up when we meet next week to discuss new developments.

( I think we're might have to consider locking this thread before too many new ideas appear!! ;\) )

Good news to bring you.

It seems that we are going to be able to adjust the form to allow multiple photo uploads in one go. More than likely each photo that is uploaded together will have the same information assigned to it. The exact specs of what we can do and will do haven't been decided on yet but we wanted to let you know that this is now on our list of things to do over the coming months.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

• SnowJapan Moderator

OK we are in the process of fixing the specifications for the modifications to the photo upload form on SJ and would like to ask for more input from the people who would be using it!

So below are some questions. Thanks!

Yes it will depend on the screen. But if you go much over 640 pixels width you will be forcing the right hand side column off the side of a fair few screens. It doesn't actually harm the forums at all, though even if that happens.

Is there a way to control the width of the photos in posts so that the size automatically adjusts to fit the page in the width of the screen? It's frustrating to have to scroll left and right to read messages because photos have widened (is that a word?!) the middle column.

Though probably not as frustrating as all the new suggestions (i.e. work) you are getting from this thread ;\)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Whatever, you will certainly be able to edit captions individually once the photos are online. We're still finalising the work to be done on this point.