Do Japanese rent much stuff in their daily lives?

For example, tv sets? Lots of people here still rent tv sets and that way can pretty much get the latest every year at very little extra cost. Good idea actually especially with technology stuff that changes so quick?

Me Tarzan needed a tux for some party we went to. It cost us half the price to buy from abroad than to rent in Japan. Those wigs the girls wear at weddings cost 7 man to rent for just a few hours.

It's strange how Japanese are so happy to rent clothes but are anti-second-hand goods in general.

There are companies that rent out all the stuff to furnish an apartment, especially kitchen things and aircons. I've seen them advertised at estate agents. They are really expensive though.

I did the same Me jane. I measured myself and got my brother in the states to buy me a tux. It's a good quality one on sale for 200$. I then took it to a highend department store and got it fitted for 3000yen.

or I could have rented for 4 hours for 13man.hmmm tough choice!

OK, but I'm only coming if everyone lines up on the right hand column, with most active posters at the front, and shouting turned off at midnight.

thanks britgob. Not set yet, but probably doing the official paperwork here in December sometime and then having a ceremony mid next year back in Oz. We'll be married in December though.