CB,

Here's a thread for you...I know we have been to many of the same places - perhaps we can show the gang our collection....

Angkor Wat

dsc00179.jpg

One of the towers

dsc00271.jpg

From inside the tower

dsc00274.jpg

Monk in thought..

dsc00303.jpg

Angkor Daycare

dsc00309.jpg

Angkor Beer!

dsc00340.jpg

Sorry Thursday, I agree that you can't throw all SEA into one thread - suppose we should start threads with each country?

Mantas - This was Cambodia. I had a great time, it was a short trip, only 3 days then it was off to Koh Samui for some relaxing on the beach....Should I post those pics too?

Why not?

Great photos. Cambodia and Vietnam are becoming really popular holiday spots now with a lot of Aussies. My brother just had his honeymoon there. It's on my list of places to go, it's a very long list though, and it's down near the bottom.

\:D

Not much in the way of culture as it was a chillout vacation - here's Koh Samui, Thailand...

SirJib chillin on the balcony of our room reading a book.

dsc00973.jpg

Then off for a massage...

dsc01029.jpg

The Resort hotel

dsc01059.jpg

Decisions, Decisions - pool or beach?

dsc00886.jpg

Pool sounds better

dsc01007.jpg

Poolside lunch

dsc01015.jpg

Then back to the room for a bath and a good night's sleep...

dsc00767.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Cambodia and Vietnam are becoming really popular holiday spots now with a lot of Aussies.

Have been for a long time but some of those spots are getting the luxsh accomm etc to lure the less hard core traveler.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
It's on my list of places to go, it's a very long list though, and it's down near the bottom.
\:D

I was going to do the whole year SE. Asia thing with my ex, starting from Indo going up. Best thing that happened to me was that she bailed me and I still went but did the year in Indo instead!
Mantas, I reckon that's why they're on the southern part of your list... no surf? same as me!

SJA...love your work. Keep it up

>Mantas, I reckon that's why they're on the southern part of your list... no surf? same as me! <

Yes you could be right there. that's not to say that I only go to places with surf.

My trips to Malaysia and Thailand were basically side trips from an Indo surf mission. It was the best way to renew your 2 month visa.

One time the boys hit Thailand after a stint on Nias. We hired motor bikes and rode up into the golden triangle. We spent 2 days(or was it three) in an opium den. I remember lying on the floor looking through the gaps in the floor boards at all the pigs and chickens running around. I have some great photos which I'll have to get digitized, of some hill tribe women dressed in traditional garb, bare breasted too!

(or was that Bangkok) shifty.gif

259429985_d29a0aaa3b_o.jpg

image taken from a boat coming down the Mekong just outside Vang Vieng, Laos.

259429986_6f53aec340_o.jpg

this young girl was working to help feed her family

259461824_cbe8e40c9a_o.jpg

dollar bungalos on Don Det, Si Phan Don, Laos

259438258_c3316de9a8_o.jpg

view from our hotel in Vang Vieng

Just a few more...thanks for throwing that up SJA. LIke your website mate, good pics \:\)

I really want to go to Laos. Laos, India and Tibet are top three on my 'must go there list'. Laos is probably the most doable, or accessible of those three on a shorter vacation though, I imagine.

Mantas, they were some pretty far visa runs! I stuck to Singapore, Timor or Penang depending on where we were.

Nice shots Ceebee. Looks like ya got a nice cam.

Thursday, don't they sell corn on the cob in the street in thailand? I'm sure I remember that they do! actually in almost every 3rd wld country I've been to they have.. Yum..

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Laos was my favorite from last summers travels to China, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia. Wanna go back to Laos!

I definitely agree it's incredible. You gave me some advice before my trip several months ago, thanks again for that! We avoided Pak Beng and instead spent two weeks in the very north then went down the Nam Ou to Luang Prabang ect. Don Det was also good advice rather than Don Khong, spent NYE there!

Managed to get a $220 Jetstar flight to BKK last week so looks like i'll be returning for a cold beer lao \:\)

261072406_889fcd9d2a_o.jpg

Women sleeping on the job at the Russian Market in P.P., Cambodia.

287299408_12534d88e9_o.jpg

Hard at work on Don Det Island, Si Phan Don, Laos

261084363_9d8e64fbf6_o.jpg

Transportation around Banteay Srei, Cambodia

259454800_efefee398e_o.jpg

Bushy knows how much I love sunsets/sunrises so one more taken from Si Phan Don, Laos.

Ahhhh, wanna travel!!

Great pics folks. I really want to visit that area of China with those interesting hills (?) formations in the river valley. That is such a poor explanation lol.gif Whats that area called?

• 2 weeks later...