1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Digital cameras really changed my attitude to photos as well. Before I didn't take many at all it was a hassle and expensive. But digitals have made it really cheap, no need to worry about wasting film and all that, and almost fun for someone as not creative as myself. Good to send photos home as well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digital cameras are really good for Dads too. My dad only took very few photos when it was film but you can't stop him now and he is really enjoying it.

I still have an old Pentax SLR and can't get rid of it... too many good photos it has taken. The throwaway ease of digicams has really taken hold though. I'm thinking of getting a decent digital SLR before summer as well. The Nikons do seem popular - anyone with any other makes, Sony? Canon?

I'm getting frustrated with the camera I have (fairly cheap digicam) and looking to get something better but not sure whether to make the move to an SLR or just get a top range normal digicam. What do you think - what exactly is the main benefit of going SLR?

right, this is the place to ask this.

I'm thinking about the AF-S 17-35 F2.8. My friends tell me this is wasted on a DSLR since the 17-55 DX would do just as good a job for less money.

I don't know, don't really want to buy a DX lens since all mine are AFs from my film days.

Any comment on these choices?

yeah, it'd be a waste Thursday.17-55 is a real nice lens.

Since you're not going back to your film days, and full frame (affordable) Nikons won't be out for a while, you may as well get the dx lens.

she finds my camera too big & heavy, plus she wants something to throw in her bag and take party shots etc.

What about you??? You should be taking a shot a day! Maybe it's time to upgrade the d70 so you can get some sweet pics of your wedding ;\)

I have very long sight. Using the screen means faffing around with my magnifiers. The viewfinder is set to infinity so I don't need glasses. That's where I really miss my old SLR, because all the information was in the viewfinder.