I met up with a friend from way back last night and we got to talking about a few fun days we had at SSAWS one summer - you know that big indoor ski slope that they had in Chiba. It closed down a number of years ago, but anyone know what happened to the building... they bring it down?

Biggest in the UK apparently, though not sure what the competition is!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1006/1006734_high_hopes_at_traffords_alp.html

GREATER Manchester's giant 'real' ski slope, complete with an Alpine Village, is springing up alongside the Trafford Centre.

Chill Factore, a 45-metre high complex at the side of the M60, is due to open in November - and the £31m building is quickly taking shape.

The aim is to bring together ski and apres-ski under one roof, with the longest and widest real snow indoor slope in the country.

Skiers and snowboarders will be able to make the most of perfect snow conditions all year round at the vast indoor centre.

A ski centre in Runcorn? Surely you jest?

Those penguins will be stolen before the first day is over.

Oh dear, I'm being cynical.

I would actually be interested to check the place out. Sounds like they have got a whole lot of other stuff going on in the building inc rock climbing and tobogganing.

I went to SSAWS in it's last week - a few days actually. I was based in Chiba then and it was fairly close to where I lived. Amazing building, it was incredible watching the thing come down as well. I missed it.