There's an album that I want to buy that was "released on itunes" yesterday but I just can't find it. Even if I download the itunes from the UK, is it region locked or whatever so I can't buy things that aren't officaially released on the Japanese version (where there is no sign of it).

I'm not into the downloading music lark so I'm not well up on it but I did notice the same when I downloaded itunes - seemed to default to the Japanese version. I'm sure there is probably some techhead way around it though.

it really pisses me off when I buy a CD and can't put it onto my IPOD without first cracking it with a program.

I've already paid for it, so why can't I put it on my IPOD for personal use?

Yes but that is only a small % that are like that, right? I've only ever had 1 that I couldn't "rip" (is that the right word). Very annoying though.

I'll tell you what is really annoying. Buying a DVD, putting it in the player and having to sit through a Piracy blurb at the beginning. I really don't like that.

I'm like you rachael, I like the CD in my hands. The few songs I have downloaded have been inferior quality to CDs as well. (Is that something I did wrong, are they usually the same quality?)

Originally Posted By: thursday
it really pisses me off when I buy a CD and can't put it onto my IPOD without first cracking it with a program.

I've already paid for it, so why can't I put it on my IPOD for personal use?

Can you send me that crack? I have a Sony Music release that has the labelgate crap and my wife wants it on her ipod.