• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• SnowJapan Admin

Please let us know which of the following "data islands" (ie. those things on the right hand side column of the forums pages) you look at or use?

So vote for the ones that you use or "look at" - even if only a little or sometimes.

If you NEVER use one or never look at it or are just not interested at all, please do not check the box for that one.....

You can choose as many as you like.

Thank you!

I think they're all interesting (except perhaps top active posters which isn't going to be changing on a day to day basis). Would be good to keep them all, like you said though the Whos online would be good higher up - but everything can't be "at the top"!

Like the shout box, calendar and who's online but don't care for the rest.

Top active posters only shows those who have no life other than SJ!

One thing you might need to take note of is that the front forum page is waaaay to far to the left.. might need some kind of border or spacing there??

• SnowJapan Admin

We can do "Recent Active Topics" (ones with new posts) or "Recent New Threads" (new posted threads) - and specify which forums the listings come from (all forums or just 1, ie. Snow Talk).

Any thoughts?

SJ, That looks good. I was thinking something along the lines of topics that have seen a heavy amount of posts and/or views in the past 24 hours - like a 'hot topics' section. Is that doable, or only new posts?

all good stuff, keep it all I say.

Actually, having "member" under your handle is a bit redundant.

You can't post as a "visitor" so why have member, unless of course we have some more surprises coming.

"Most Ignored Member"

Quote:
Everything seems all a little busy in my opinion.

You can make it all look simple and boring like it used to by turning off the right hand side column. I like the column in there myself so I'm keeping it.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes maoriboy, if you are not keen on the layout of the new forums, you can easily turn off that right hand side colum - when you do that they will be fairly similar to how they were before the changes were made.

Thanks! \:\)

I have a question, SJ if you don't mind.

The post views and other data, how often does that get refreshed - I noticed the page views isn't "instant"?

• SnowJapan Moderator
 Quote:
The post views and other data, how often does that get refreshed - I noticed the page views isn't "instant"?

Hi rach

I think those numbers that show how many page views a thread has are updated every 3-5 minutes or so. If it were instant (I believe) it would take a lot of thinking resources and generally make things slower on the Forums.

SJ, no worries - the active topics thing is a kewl compromise. Another thing that might be funny is the top ten posters in the past 24 hours...then we know who REALLY has no life that day!