Terrible news this morning.

I know a Japanese student who is over in Virginia at the moment.

"The worst shooting rampage in US history, at a university in Virginia, leaves 33 people including a suspected gunman dead."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\:\(

Seems that a delay in warning people was a big factor in such a large number. Very sad.

Quote:
A delay of more than two hours in warning students between two spates of killings in America's deadliest campus shooting spree may have contributed to the size of the death toll.

The first shooting took place at 7.15am, followed by a second beginning around 9.15am - but the first email warning sent to students appears to have come after 9.20am, telling students that a shooting had taken place and merely asking them to report any suspicious behaviour.

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
++++vibes++++ to their familes and friends

I am sure that their families and friends are avid readers of snowjapan, to feel your vibes.

:p
Youre a facking dikhead to write something like that after an incident of this nature. Prick.

You are ****ing weak willed. If you are going to say something have the balls to say it.

Where are all your pleas to the families of the 50,000 of people who get killed in America each year. Or the 600,000 Iraqis.

that's quite irrelevant to this thread yellowsnow. There are horrors going on in Iraq yes, but that was not the topic of discussion here. If you want to take up that beef, then start a new thread about it. CB was simply stating his feelings of sympathy for the families, he wasn't making any comment about the relative horror compared with shite going on elsewhere.

Bushpig I know what you are getting at.

But saying ++++vibes++++ doesn't even sound remotely sincere. I am just insensitive to everybody clambering post the condolences to sensational news, as opposed to opposing why this shit happens in the first place.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
BP people kill people but they cant kill 32 in 4 hours without a bloody gun or access to cheap ammo at k-mart or walmart.
;)

I know FT, was sarcasm.
 Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Bushpig I know what you are getting at.

But saying ++++vibes++++ doesn't even sound remotely sincere. I am just insensitive to everybody clambering post the condolences to sensational news, as opposed to opposing why this shit happens in the first place.
Doesn't sound sincere? Mate, if you knew CB, you'd realise he is sincere about stuff like that.

Sometimes people do some pretty ****ed up things.

From the Age:

Massacre latest in bloody trend

The deadliest shooting at a US school or university took place today at Virginia Tech University, with authorities reporting that at least 30 people died in the rampage.

Police said the lone gunman also died in the shootings at two buildings on the campus in Blacksburg, Virginia. Today's shooting was the worst one at a university since 1966.

The following is a list of some of the bloodiest shootings to take place at a school or university campus.

October 2, 2006: Charles Carl Roberts, 32, shot five girls to death at an Amish school in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania.

April 26, 2002: Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, came to school in Erfurt, Germany and shot 13 teaches, two students and a police officer to death before killing himself.

April 20, 1999: Dylan Klebold, 17, and Eric Harris, 18, go on a shooting spree at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, killing 12 students, one teacher and themselves.

March 24 1998: Two boys, aged 11 and 13, set off the fire alarm at Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Arkansas and opened fire as the students exited the classrooms. Four girls and a teacher died.

March 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, went into an elementary school in Dunblane, Scotland, unloading 105 rounds into the school gym, killing 16 5-and 6-year-olds and a teacher before taking his own life.

August 1, 1966: Charles Whitman, 26, climbed a tower at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas, and opened fire on pedestrian traffic. Twelve people died on the campus before Whitman was shot and killed by police. The night before, he had murdered his wife and mother.

Thanks for the link above. But, my safe at home is well stocked.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:

Gotta love the gun laws that let guys like this purchase hand guns at low costs.

Perhaps Timothy McVeigh's total of 168 using fertilizer could have been topped by a crazy man weilding a gun? I believe the Oklahoma City bombing killed all 168 in a matter of seconds, not four hours.