Hello. Last night I watched episode of West Wing and they talk about "soccer mum" many time. I didn't understand that at all, is it something to do with childrens soccer team?

pretty much. In the US soccer is by far the #1 most popular sport of elementary school students (once kids enter Jr. High or H.S., the 'American' thing kicks in and they switch to Baseball or American Football). Since it's so popular, you see lots of mom's running thier kids around to soccer practice or games. Since not all moms can stay at home and shuttle thier kids around, some kids will catch a ride with thier friend (soccer mom's typically have minivans that can seat many kids). This mom that shuttles these kids around is the stereotypical 'soccor mom'. So I guess it's a middle class mom that doesn't work, owns a minivan, and takes thier kids to soccer practice and games.

Quote:
In the US soccer is by far the #1 most popular sport of elementary school students
I didn't know that. Funny how that doesn't continue into Jr High - are there signs of that changing?

I don't think it will work. The only way to make Soccer popular in the US is to make it more television friendly. Below are some suggestions:

1) give each team 15 time outs per half.

2) allocate 5 TV timeouts per half

3) Allow full contact including tackling

4) Introduce helmets

5) Instead of kicking the ball all the time, allow players to throw it as well.

6) Halftime shows with scantily clad women

7) Remove the goal keepers

8) No 'tie' games - all games must have a winner and looser

That might be a game that would interest Americans....

lol.gif

Indosnm - even if "soccor" is indeed "a pansies sport", whatever that means....... so what??

That kind of talk sounds like my (formerly rugby player) uncle who always seems to be saying how rugby players are "real men" and all that bullshit. It all sounds bordering homosexual to me. And also sounds a lot like jealousy as well.