The easiest way to stop clubbing baby seals is to take away thier fake IDs - that's how they keep getting into the clubs to begin with. You gotta nip these problems at the source!

And shame on EBC for lending them her ID on the weekends!

lol.gif

All jokes aside, It is suprising that there is still a demand for baby fur seal fur in this day and age. I would like to know in which country the women are still sporting baby fur seal coats.

Scandinavian countries and Siberia, I don't see how its wrong when I eat cows and wear their skin. Its a double standard.

Especially if you eat baby sheep, i.e. lamb. Putting baby in front of something makes it automatically bad.

Besides they are not killing for fur in this case its to stop the decline in fish.

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Scandinavian countries and Siberia, I don't see how its wrong when I eat cows and wear their skin. Its a double standard.

In no way am I saying it's wrong. It just supprises me that with all the hoo har from people like Paul and Thingy McCartney, people still wear it, killing cute things is still in fashions it seems.

There was an article in the paper here this morning, and they had interviewed a fisherman/seal hunter from Newfoundland who basically said that it was more a financial necessity for the hunters, since most of them use the $90Cad per seal for next season's fishing gear.

I hear leopard seals are very aggressive and dangerous.

They are only seal that eats other seals, penguines whatever.

Also hear they are exactly the unique animal in the Australian legend that attacked and killed a lot of people?

the problem with the baby seal clubbing is more in the fact that they go on a bit of a spree, clubbing as many as they can before they run away. Many times the seals are only badly wounded and left bleeding until until they are properly finished off a while later. Isn't this really the issue here?