you're going to have to be more specific than that bushy.

sci-fi ia an awesome genre, because anytime they get backed into a corner with plot... BOOM just give them some new power or make something upo.

its the same thing with harry potter.. "oh no, what will we do.. how about MAGIC!"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah spook, I was trying not to give away any details and spoil it for you if you do want to see it. It is nothing like them reaching for something, but a continuation of where they had already taken Jean's character. I liked how they used that in the third, so I disagree with oyuki about it being horrible. I liked the idea. They were basically bringing the story that had been developing in the first two to it's implied (in the first 2) conclusion.

As much as it was proaganda, I found it to be very interesting. He doesn't help himself in gaining on the fence viewers though with his attitude. I suppose thats why some like him though.

I thought X Men 3 was rubbish.

Just like Superman 3 was.

And lots of other 3s.

no way, that movie ws terrible. as a fan of the books i was psyched for the movies. all i got was 9 hours of nacy-boy hobbits moaning about how hard their lot is. and then the 3rd movie had about 10 different endings. that thing would not die.

clerks 2 has a good pisstake of lord of the rings. now that was a quality film

i was pumped for the movies, but they were just so overblown and endlessly (maybe even pointlessly?) long. and the hobbits made me cringe with embarassment. plus they were useless. all they did was moan all the time, then carry on like a bunch of hairy, queer midgets.

or maybe you've got a thing for hairy, queer midgets? lol.gif

fair enough. i like the idea of a grand fantasy epic. it's hard to create a movie like that and easy for people to tear the crap out of it if it doesn't quite work

From production values, to cinematography, to action, to the adapted story, LOTR won me over big, especially the extended editions. It's now my new Holy Trilogy (replacing the original Star Wars, which I still dig though).

I couldn't go into LOTR with the uberfanboy mindset: "There's no Tom Bombadil?! F*$& that! Boycott it!" and the like. This isn't to say it's perfect - I actually thought the hobbits were pretty well done, but they made Gimli look like a fool every chance they got. Some of the departures from the book in The Two Towers were bordering on extreme as well. Overall though, incredible.

I hope no director stands up to take New Line's offer to do The Hobbit before their movie rights expire, as I'm still in the camp that Jackson should make it or nobody should.