How did you come up with your Nickname?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get too hot Mantas ;\) , my big brother invented the foamie.

In the mid-50s, we lived in Cottesloe, WA. Big brother's best friend's dad owned a fridge manufacturing business. They used to mould expanded polystyrene for the insulation, and a 1950's fridge had a door shaped approximately like a surfboard bulb.gif

Pat was on a foamie at Cottesloe beach in about 1958. It's a pity 9yo's aren't too flash on patent law, and about a thousand others had the same idea at the same time.

I prefer the super hero theme!

:p

and to reveal the truth of my nick name..

I was always indo, usually indosean until miyuki came into the play. indo + S & M.

Been meaning to change for a longtime..

I have always respected the klingons and their values.

Spock's Brain lol.gif Classic. Well known as the WORST original Star Trek episode, an absolute howler. Good name for a handle though.

Pon farr is a condition that induces the desire to mate in an adult Vulcan. Although Vulcans live strictly by the dictates of logic, their veneer of civilization is ripped away from them during pon farr, every seven years (for males; an undisclosed interval for females) of their adult life. Once triggered, Vulcans must have sexual contact with someone, preferably their mate, or else face insanity and death. Vulcans are, however, also capable of engaging in sexual relations at any time they wish; it is only during pon farr that they must mate (or die).

So now you know.

All of the singles that my favorite band (Depeche Mode) release are labeled 'bong' and a number. bong35 was the release number of their new single a few years back, song I really love. I haven't changed it since then, perhaps time to think of a new one (I suppose bong22 is my favorite).

http://www.depmod.com/singles/precious.htm

Yes SirJib, Precious was an instant Mode classic. It's up there with their best singles.

Not sure I agree with your comment about them going back to original sound (heaven forbid, no more Just Can't Get Enough please!) or them 'straying' for long. Mode have always changed with each album, and the only album that I was really disappointed with was Exciter which was kinda weak. I suppose Playing The Angel was a return to a analogue sound and it was good but burnt out by the end and I wasn't mad keen on the distortion in the production. It seems likely those magical discs between Black Celebration through to Ultra will remain their best work (Black Celebration and Violator being my favorite 2 CDs ever).

\:\)

Well yes I can see what you mean with the Enjoy The Silence comparison. With that song it was almost as if Martin was trying to recreate the ETS vibe, and in many ways he did. Great song.

It is curious though how Precious almost seemed to be an 'odd song out' from PTA album in terms of sound and production as most of the rest of the album did not sound very Violator-like. I'm not technical and I don't know if it was produced badly, mastered badly or just done intentionally (I know they said they were going for a grittier sound) but I was not a fan of the distortion thing they got going on that album. You can't turn the volume up on that one without it sounding awful. The sound of Violator by comparison is just so clean and .... very sexy.