"Too fat" air hostesses grounded

I know what you mean, I used to fly from Scotland to London for connection flights to China/Japan and didn't get anything at all.

One of my best flights was in a 20 seater prop, there was only one other passenger so the trolley dolly said I can take anything I wanted from the fridge and bring it home if I wanted first class food aswell. There were only like 3 seats in firstclass.

I like traveling Malaysian airlines because they also said I can drink all the booze that they had as nobody else was drinking it(domestic flight).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
What happened to the hot saucy wenches that used to ply the Airways??
Oh.... bring back the good ol days \:\(
they are the same saucy wenches that plied the airways in the good old days. it's called unionized labor.
on one hand this is a good thing. realistically these women shouldn't be let go simply because they have aged. but on the other hand, they should still have to offer at least a semblance quality service.
after my last trip with Air Canada (quite literally) i felt as though my buying a ticket was the worst offense i could have ever committed towards the airline staff.

yeah, the US airlines generally have old canteen ladies who treat you like dirt. i like cathay and singapore for saucy, attentive service.

i used to work with a girl who's now a qantas hostie, and went round to her house for a BBQ the other night. the place was packed with gorgeous mid-twenties hosties! i trotted out some predictable "chicken or the beef?" jokes around the dinner table, and they fell predictably flat.

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
i trotted out some predictable "chicken or the beef?" jokes around the dinner table, and they fell predictably flat.
Should've said some people reckon you look like Ralph Fiennes ... and wait for the inevitable response/s. ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
Got to wonder why someone would want to do that job anyway. It must be thankless as well as tiring and dirty. Does it pay well?
in many places a job with an airlines is the best thing a woman can hope for. for instance in thailand practically every high school and university girl wants to work for royal thai airways. and for all accounts it is a pretty fabulous job when you compare it to working at a market stall. it pays well, it is salaried, it offers a lucrative benefits package, it provides an opportunity for travel that is only available to handful of people in a country like thailand, and finally it is a job that garners a significant level of respect.

that being the case it is likely more difficult to score a job with royal thai than it is to get into med school. not only do you have to have top grades, and be perfectly fluent in at least english (preferably a third language as well), you also have to look like a super model.

Here's another one:

Air Canada: Swamp Donkeys R Us

Air Canada is equal last place with BA for my worst airlines to fly with.

I have one to add to my best of list of Cathay Pacific and Singapore Air - ANA, not quite up the same standard, but streets ahead of most.

I'm not one whine about Airlines, but if your comparing one to another.

Air Canada sucks the big one.

last year when we flew to vancouver, the old style movie screen broke down half way through the film, 5 out of 8 toilets broke and they nearly stopped the flight in hawaii but decided to carry on IF, get this, " everybody did a pee before they boarded the plane". you can imagine what the 3 remaining toilets were like by the time we reached Vancouver, not a pleasant place to take the kids.

It's supprising that Canada has such a second rate Airline when everything else is top notch.

none of us choose to use it either. it has gone bankrupt a few times in the last two decades, and the government is being far more frugal with its subsidies. that being the case, on january 19, 2007, the airline was voted "Best Airline in North America".

i find that hard to believe. and if it is true, what does that say about the rest of the fleets?

Giving us crap service is no way to make us feel better about it and improve the situation.

BA are not a pleasant experience but as rach said somewhere else they are often the cheapest and most convenient ride home.

Here's one I liked.

A guy with some time on his hands between flights heads to an airport bar. Sees a stewardess in uniform sitting on her own, wanders over to make conversation. He introduces himself and starts asking the girl which airline she works for. He rattles off the names of a few major carriers, but she ignores him, not even looking up. He keeps asking, and is starting to run out of airlines, when she looks up angrily and says "Look, why don't you just f*** off!"

All of a sudden it dawns on him... "Of course, you're with Air Canada!"

i agree with all the air canada bashing. i have been flying air canada atleast once a year for the past 10 years. and nothing has changed. while every other airline has gotten personal televisions, many of AC's long haul flights (i'm talking between japan-vancouver/toronto) still do the "two movies, CBC news and Just for Laughs" thing. they have also been getting stingy with food and drinks on flights between toronto and vancouver (which is a 5 hour flight!) seems a bit ridiculous to me.

To add to it, I think I find the Canadian immigration and customs to be the worst i have come across as well. Blatantly rude and just in general, a really bad scene. Not a nice way to end a journey (which, if arriving by AC, has already sucked to start with.)

I like Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines.

I've never had any trouble at Customs/Immigration in YVR, in fact I've always found it quite pleasant. It may be different in the east, I've only flown domestic beyond Vancouver.

A 747 jumbo jet is flying into Toronto Airport on it's final approach. The pilot comes on the intercom, "This is your Captain. We're on our final descent into Toronto. I want to thank you for flying with us today. We hope you enjoy your stay in Toronto".

He forgets to switch off the intercom. Now the whole plane can hear his conversation from the cockpit.

The co-pilot says to the pilot. "Well skipper, what are your plans while we're in Toronto?"

Now all ears are listening to this conversation.

"Well" says the skipper, "first I'm gonna check into the hotel and take a crap. Then I'm gonna take that new stewardess out for supper. You know, the one with the sweet face, perfect, little tits, tight body and beautiful ass. I'm gonna wine and dine her, take her back to my room and put it to her as many different ways as I know how, and I know quite a few ways, you can trust me on that."

Everyone on the plane is trying to get a look at the new stewardess. She's so embarrassed that she runs from the back of the plane to try and get to the cockpit to turn the intercom off. Halfway down the aisle, she trips over an old lady's bag and down she goes.

The old lady leans over and says: "No need to run, dear. He's gotta take a crap first."

Another reason BA is so good, they lose your bag.

British Airways: fly the flag - lose your bag

23 items per 1,000 flyers go missing at UK carrier

It may claim to be the world's favourite airline, but when it comes to making sure passengers and their bags arrive at their destination together, British Airways is rather less impressive.

A study of major European airlines reveals today that BA has the worst record for losing travellers' luggage.

Figures released by the UK's consumer watchdog for aviation show that 23 bags went missing for every 1,000 passengers carried by BA. That was the worst performance out of the 24 airlines which submitted their data for official scrutiny.

BA lost my bags as well. Got them back after a few dayz. They are as bad as Air Canada. Maybe worse - at least I've never had to fly Air Canada long haul.

My long haul experience with BA the crew were ugly and unhelpful and there was so little seat room my knees were firmly pressed into the seat in front of me - and I'm not that tall at 5'11". Never again.

It's easy to find scary stories about the way they treat your luggage at Heathrow. I'm surprised I have had such a 'success rate' in getting mine each time. It's always a culture shock arriving at Heathrow and contrasting the staff to the airport and services in Japan.

Quote:
Why does Heathrow seem to be so bad, on so many levels, thats what I want to know?
because it's in england - the land with zero customer service. i rate the UK up there with Russia in terms of rude and useless levels of customer service. and the US is not far behind in my books.