OK so who here does not have a shower or bath (not too long) before going to bed?

I find the idea of people having their shower in the morning, then going out and doing everything and getting into bed without another shower/bath quite repulsive. Stay away from me!!

I suppose I have become more and more fussy about this, and it's not that I smell (apart from beautiful natural rachgrance), but I always have a shower or bath as close to going to bed as possible. It just seems wrong not to. I want to know if I am alone in this.

Nope, can't go to bed "dirty" either. Heck, I won't even sit on or even go near the bed/futon until after the shower! It's like some of the stuff that came up on the "clean airplanes" thread - I couldn't stomach having all the stuff that I inadvertendly touched throughout the day join me in the sheets!

:p

This might have been a good poll...

def have a shower in the evening before a bath. Such a nice way to unwind before bed.

Have to have a shower in the morning to wake up or it will be a loooong day for me.

Im a 2 a day person, sometimes 3 because the showers at the gym use crappy soap.

Shower in the morn to wake up and get going for the day.

Sometimes have a bath with the kids in the evening.

Summer I might have a total of 3 quick showers (cooold) a day, just to keep cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
I suppose I have become more and more fussy about this, and it's not that I smell (apart from beautiful natural rachgrance), but I always have a shower or bath as close to going to bed as possible. It just seems wrong not to. I want to know if I am alone in this.
There's an old Aussie joke about how to protect your money from a Pom by hiding it under a cake of soap ... but we won't go there, eh Rach? lol.gif

I agree with ya - it's a personal must to have a shower just before going to bed. Even if I have one before going out in the evening, no matter what time I get home gotta have another shower - going to bed with deodorant, aftershave, smoke inevitably picked-up at venues needs to be washed off.

Suppose we're just lean, mean, clean skiing machines. ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by SubZero:
There's an old Aussie joke about how to protect your money from a Pom by hiding it under a cake of soap ... but we won't go there, eh Rach? lol.gif

Pommies........phew. My inlaws stink !! thumbsdown.gif

2 or sometimes 3 a day for me, rach. And yes I can't get in bed not feeling clean.

Quote:
There's an old Aussie joke about how to protect your money from a Pom by hiding it under a cake of soap
lol.gif

As a child in Ireland, the usual was one or two baths a week. We didn't have and immersion heater let alone gas, so could only have a bath when the fire was lit. So no showers either. As a teenager I used to wash my hair every morning with a kettle of water. I don't really like showers... but I love baths when I came to Japan I lived in a company dorm so it was ofuro every morning and night.

Now its back to having a bath every second night. I am a stink b@stard.

I wish I could buy cans of Lynks(AXE) here. Africa is the best haha.

But for aftershave I always use Dunhill. I was given a present of Dunhill when I was 13 and have never changed, Envy by Gucci smells promising.

What kind of aftershave do the girls like here? The light sporty one or the wood and petrol smell?

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
As a child in Ireland, the usual was one or two baths a week. We didn't have and immersion heater let alone gas, so could only have a bath when the fire was lit. So no showers either. As a teenager I used to wash my hair every morning with a kettle of water. I don't really like showers... but I love baths when I came to Japan I lived in a company dorm so it was ofuro every morning and night.

I wish I could buy cans of Lynks(AXE) here. Africa is the best haha.

But for aftershave I always use Dunhill. I was given a present of Dunhill when I was 13 and have never changed, Envy by Gucci smells promising.

What kind of aftershave do the girls like here? The light sporty one or the wood and petrol smell?
Another Aussie idiom: For people who don't bathe and use deodorant/aftershave to get that fresh feeling is called a 'Pommie Bath' or a 'Pommie Shower'

E.g.

'Lets go out. Are you gonna have a wash?'
'Nah, I'll just have a Pommie Bath.'

I think it goes back to the 1800's when heavy make-up, wigs and powder was used, and bathing was frowned upon.

You must be Northern Irish, eh? ;\)

Dude, I reckon chicks in Japan prefer men who bathe AND use personal hygiene products. :p

One thing I would like to change is the locals showering before work. I have guys shaving with electric shavers at my office. They come in with wrinkled shirts, hair all over the place and just start shaving, right there. It's pretty foul. Actually much more foul than going to bed stinky is going to work without a shower.

SubZero no 100% cultchie Irish.

"AND use personal hygiene products." Donno abat tha them J-ones be complanen bout da stench of mae lynx.

Actually they do, I have less of a chance of been called kusai if I hadn't washed for a week then getting really scrubbed up and putting on some good aftershave.

Plus I can't see how it is environmentally economical to have a shower 3 times a day.

I find those jokes rather offensive to all clean Brits.

Quote:
I have less of a chance of been called kusai if I hadn't washed for a week
Nah, I think they just would not tell you.
 Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
I find the idea of people having their shower in the morning, then going out and doing everything and getting into bed without another shower/bath quite repulsive. Stay away from me!!
LOL. Rach I never fail to take a bath before going to bed ;\)
 Quote:
Now its back to having a bath every second night. I am a stink b@stard.
How do you spell it.... euwwww! \:\)

>Plus I can't see how it is environmentally economical to have a shower 3 times a day.

depends on how long youre in there for dont you think? My showers are prolly less than 5 minutes in the morning, and not much longer in the evening. The bath is already hot so running water is just a waste. Even at the gym (where I obviously dont pay for water) I still take quick showers.

I hate the fact that just because we live in countries where water is in abundance we (quite often) take it for granted that most people in the world dont have clean water to drink or shower in. My 2 yen.

I know one who has 30 minutes in the shower every evening. Having said that I think there are times when the water is off and she is doing the cleaning thing.