• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean Todt's on the pills again. After years of fixing the wins for Schumacher, Ferrari are loosing. Their chief mechanic is so disaffected he's sent all the drawings to McLaren, and their chief strategist has gone AWOL.

Napoleon was a short ugly Frenchman with a sense of invincibility. Todt's ego will kill Ferrari.

(Please, no insult meant to France. I've had many great times there with wonderful friendly people)

This is total bullshite. Stepney dobbed in Ferrari for having an illegal floor. Coughlan took it up and now Ferrari have been stopped cheating, they can't win. Todt has totally pissed off his team. Even if they win through the courts, he's completely stuffed morale. Ferrari are about to collapse into their default position of rich incompetants.

McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors' championship after the outcome of the "spygate" row.

The team were also fined a record $100m (£49.2m), which includes any prize and television money they would have earned from the constructors' championship.

But drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso can keep their points.

The team must also prove there is no Ferrari "intellectual property" in their cars next year before racing.

eek.gif

What about this then

"The rivalry between McLaren's formula one drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso reached such a pitch that the Spanish world champion threatened to reveal damaging data obtained illegally from Ferrari to the sport's governing body unless he was made the team's official number one driver, it was alleged yesterday.

During the row, which occurred five weeks ago at the Hungarian grand prix, Alonso was reported by witnesses to have told the McLaren team principal Ron Dennis: "Either make me No 1 or let me go," and threatened to take the Ferrari information to sport's governing body, the FIA."

The Grauniad:

'It's not as if McLaren stole the information,' said Eddie Jordan, the former team owner. 'It was leaked by a Ferrari employee. If McLaren were blamed for Coughlan's actions because he is an employee, surely Ferrari should be made to take some responsibility for Stepney's actions and the effect they've had on the sport. Ferrari need to take a good look at themselves. It's not the first time information has been leaked from this team.'

From The Telegraphy:

Earlier Max Mosley, president of F1's ruling body, the FIA, claimed a world title won by Hamilton or Alonso would be tainted. "I would have taken all the points away from Hamilton and Alonso on the grounds that there is a suspicion they had an advantage that they should not have had," Mosley said. "A majority on the council thought they should keep their points, [but] about five, mostly lawyers, thought all the points should go. I'm disappointed because when history comes to be written they will say, 'Hang on a minute, would Raikkonen or Massa have won had it not been for this information?' " The message in the president's words was unmistakable. Forget an appeal.

Mosley added: "On the other side we have a brilliant championship between Alonso and Hamilton, and the sporting people were saying it wasn't the drivers' fault. You could say that, but then it never is."

The McLaren drivers too should lose all their points and Hamilton and Alonso should race for the right to be in F1 next year. Only one of them should be allowed back, not both.