• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: thursday
Those black JPSs were beautiful cars.

Didn't one try the ground effect before being banned.

All the cars used ground effects for a period. Chapman designed a Lotus that was banned. It was the twin chassis car, where all the aero loads were fed directly to the wheels. That freed up the monocoque and suspension. It was banned for having a "moveable aerodynamic device"

Niki Lauda:

"Instead of complaining, moaning and bitching, which is what Alonso is doing at the moment, all he needs to do is concentrate on driving quicker. He is using all kinds of excuses. He should have done this after the second or third race of the season after he realised how quick Hamilton is. He didn't do that.

My worry is if he continues to find the reasons somewhere else, and not in his right foot, he will lose out because Hamilton is doing a perfect job, simply concentrating on his driving and he's quick."

Was it a good race?

Quote:
The threat of expulsion from the championship hangs over McLaren in light of "new evidence" in the spy scandal that will see the World Motor Sport Council reconvene in Paris to discuss the issue.

"If you sit down and think about it, I could have what I've worked for and what all the team have worked for, taken away," assessed Hamilton.

"And when you really think about that, you think 'wow' I could be out of a job next weekend and then what happens.

I wonder if they did spy?

McLaren didn't accept it. Coghlan did. Punishing McLaren for the idiocy of an employee doesn't wash. McLaren and Williams are the soul of F1. These teams have kept F1 alive as a sport while Ferrari and all the other corporate fcuckwits have stuffed it.

"McLaren have hired an unlikely figure to represent them in Paris for their crucial hearing on Thursday. Former commentary verteran Murray Walker will be summarising the whole Stepneygate saga from beginning to end.

"The hope is that the World Motorsport Council will lose the will to live before Murray ends his opening statement," said a spokesman. Walker is due in the witness box on Thursday, Friday and Saturday - unless we're very much mistaken."