• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimi aint called the 'iceman' for nothing, though he did smile last year when Brundle interviewed him in Brazil.

I was having a .....

classic moment that.

ITV is giving me the runs an the moment, They should rename the channel HTV - Hamilton TV. Mark Blundell wants to have his baby and James Allens nose is brown. Hamilton is fantastically talented and unique but he is way too nice and 'squeaky clean' I like F1 drivers with attitude (e.g Piquet)and a flaw or too (eg the Chin). Hamilton is so clean cut he's boring, though I do like the way he's getting under Alonsos skin and is being so amicable and cheerful about it all, it is obviously annoying the hell out of the Spaniard.

I have been watching Speed TV's coverage lately much more insightful (Windsor) and balanced and funny to boot - especially Hobbs.

When are Honda going to get their proverbial poopoo into one sock? Button and Barricello must be pulling their hair out driving such a dud car.

Toyota are slowly looking like the $400million they are spending each year - this could be their best race of the year.

Originally Posted By: P'Jem
Starts in 30 minutes or so.... will be watching it live on fuji721

How is the commentary on that, cant imagine it would amount to much at all....sou desu ne, sou desu ne ハミルトン すごいですね! ne?!
Even HTV is better than that.

Commentary is pretty good actually. They have 2 guys in the studio and I think one or two at the track and they know their stuff. Certainly more than just sugoi desu ne.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Hamilton was in a crash yesterday. OK to race today it will be interesting to see how that affects him and how he can do from 10th on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...

Alonso is the now the new Schumi of F1: resorting to dirty tricks to win. His attempt to screw Hamilton in qualifying backfired on him though - a five place penalty.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article2199765.ece

Hamilton was absolutely livid exchanging angry words with Dennis as he returned to the pits, reportedly saying:

“Don’t ever f****** do that to me again!” Dennis replied: “Don’t ever f****** speak to me like that again!” Hamilton delivered a final riposte: “Go f****** swivel!”

hehe, the shiny polite image has been broken; Hamilton is developing a personality.

Anyone got the gossip on that? McLaren's press statement makes it sound like an innocent tactical error on their part. I also suspect that Alonso has been reading the Schumey book of tricks...

I thought Ron Dennis would have learned from his experience with Montoya, too. You can't have two number 1 drivers, and expect them to hold hands and sing together.

Prost and Senna were always down at the bar after the race sharing a few drinks and a laugh...

Seriously, Alonso has some insecurity issues - being the non-British driver in a British team is eating away at him, despite being the two-times defending champ. You'd think he'd be on top of the mental game by now.

Prost and Senna loathed each other, but neither expressed the same anxieties as Alonso. I agree Keba, Alonso has an insecurity issue. I'm very surprised as I thought he was very much the complete driver. It seems he is a Schumacher, and needs to have a No2 he can dominate. He won't last long at McLaren.

Senna did the ultimate champion thing when he rammed Prost in the first corner of the last Grand Prix of the season (forgot which one) to take the world championship. That's ingenuity.

Of course you can't do that these days, the rules have changed.

"McLaren said the delay at the pit stops in qualifying was Hamilton's fault, for causing confusion in the team by disobeying an order to let Alonso pass him ahead of the pit stops."

Well there you have it. No driver is bigger than the team.