Qualifying.

1. Massa Ferrari 1:32.652

2. Hamilton McLaren 1:32.935

3. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:33.131

4. Alonso McLaren 1:33.192

Massa in front of Raikkonen, no surprise there. Hamilton in his third GP in front of twice World Champion, Alonso. Brilliant thumbsup.gif

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raikkonen never eclipsed Coulthard or Montoya, both of them winning drivers but neither from the top drawer. He's good, but not that good.

If you had to choose between Alonso and Raikkonen, who would you sign?

Choose between a two-time (and current) world champion, and a driver who has had more DNF's than I've had hot lunches? You've not made it easyfor me...

Makes for a very congested leaderboard for the championship. Not two, this season, but 5 contenders!

F.Alonso 22

K.Räikkönen 22

L.Hamilton 22

F.Massa 17

N.Heidfeld 15

I included Heidfeld out of misguided sentimentality.

Coulthard still battling away is he then? The best memory I have of him is fighting off The Chin in the pit lane after that heavy rain crash at an important part of the season a few years back. He was good at Monaco as well wasn't he? I am so out of touch.

Coulthard's still driving pretty well, and he had a blinder in Bahrain, making up about 10 places before a drive shaft let go. He can be really good, but tends to lack consistency. He's a team player and rarely makes mistakes. I have a lot of time for him

I have the sound track of the 1953 1.5 L V16 BRM on a CD along with a few other interesting sounding cars and play them at an ear threatening vol in the car from time to time. Bliss!

My daughter thinks Im sad.

Whatever

Coulthard is a trooper. I've always liked him.

I'd like to see how things would have been this season is Schumacher was still around. Looks like it will be a close season. (Whats he doing now?)

• 4 weeks later...
 Quote:
Lewis Hamilton has taken the outright championship lead just four races into his Formula One career by finishing second in the Spanish Grand Prix.

But the McLaren driver could do nothing about Ferrari's Felipe Massa, who dominated at the Circuit de Catalunya to take his second win in succession.

Lewis who? It almost sounds interesting this year. The races any good?

Hamilton certainly has talent, but it will be interesting to see how his character keeps up with that and if he can be consistent and cope with the pressure. I'd check it out again frannyo, you might enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not doing bad so far....

Fernando Alonso edged out McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the dying seconds of qualifying to take pole for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.

The reigning world champion clocked one minute 15.726 seconds to pip Hamilton by less than two tenths of a second.

The Briton looked to be on his way to the first pole of his career but he got caught in traffic and lost time.

I actually watched it last night and quite enjoyed it. Would have liked it if Hamilton was "allowed to race" - seems the headlines this morning are that he wasn't allowed to.... not that there is every any overtaking in Monaco.

Anyone ever been for the Monaco race? Must be a great experience.

I take back everything I said about Alonso. He's a champion. What will be interesting is, provided that the Ferraris can cause enough interference during the season, if Hamilton can take this year's championship without winning a race...

"Bookmakers Williams Hill have suspended all betting on the outcome of the championship pending the investigation while Paddy Power said they were refunding bets on Hamilton.

"It's hard enough to pick a winner even when your selection is actually trying to win. The only fair thing to do is give punters their money back," declared the Paddy Power Website."

Since when did the bookies control F1? My opinion starts with an "F", has a "u" and a "ck" and ends with "you".

focking.gif