• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a mistake. He didn't allow Alonso past because Raikkonen was behind him, and he didn't want to let him past too. What he didn't do was hold Alonso up, so no harm there. Alonso held Hamilton up. There's a difference.

Independent says

Ron Dennis and the McLaren team have come under further pressure with reports in the Spanish media that world champion Fernando Alonso is so fed up with life in the team that he is considering quitting before the seasons end

"We are now able to say that Alonso doesn't want to spend a minute longer at McLaren," claimed the Spanish sports daily AS. "Not only does he want to race for someone else in 2008, the situation is so bad that he is considering ending the current championship with another team.

Hamilton disobeyed a team order. He needs to remember he's a rookie, and do what he's told by the people who are paying him (a lot) of money. It doesn't excuse Alonso for being a whining prat, but he should expect preferential treatment. I would, in his position.

Ron Dennis must have seen something special in Hamilton, to tell the current world champion not to expect any favours. I'm surprised Alonso took him up on it... and now he's been invited to leave. Must make him feel unloved.

I've been enjoying reading all the newspapers on about this lot over the last week or so. As you might expect, Hamilton seems to be the one getting the least stick but they all note that a new side has been revealed. The last 6 races should be fun to follow.

I was always under the impression that Ron Dennis made it quite clear it was "fair" to both drivers - and that's in public to us. Alonso must just be daft.

To have your own drivers race against each other is just silly. They could get out of hand and take each other out, leaving it all wide open to the other constructors. To have champions too arrogant to take orders is bad enough, but to have a rookie who think he knows better than the team?

Good luck to you Maclaren, looks like you need to do more than just spying. What a sleazy team.