• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With overtaking so tricky in Monaco, maybe the team order ws "Don't put youself in a situation which could result in both of you being taken out of the race"... better a 1 -2 finish than 2 DNF's because of a risky manoeuvre.

At the entrance to the swimming pool just after they come out of the tunnel mostly, although gasworks, at the hairpin is also possible.

In 1982, The track was soaking but the rain stopped before the start. Keke Rosberg chose to use slicks while most others were on wets. He lost a bunch of places in the early laps, but made them all up as a dry line developed. He must have been wearing his "Finnish Rally Hero" underpants that day, as he was pretty much sideways for the first ten laps. Brilliant car control.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting race, how about Kubicas wreck? Holy cow, a lesser crash killed Senna, Ratzenberger and others. Amazing how strong cars (or the cockpit anyway) are these days, a real credit to the safety pushers in the sport.

He got out with a sprained ankle! hes lucky boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmnLoCDHZfQ

(many F1 videos get quickly taken down on youtube, but new ones pop up -so just search "Kubica" if that one disappears)

Quote:
Sir Frank Williams, the respected team boss who was once in charge of the legendary Ayrton Senna: "We have never seen anything like this in F1 before. It’s almost inexplicable. I think the word phenomenon just about fits. It makes you think that maybe there is a God after all. He is a great story not just for (chairman) Ron Dennis and McLaren but for everybody involved in motorsport."

Excited words.
 Quote:
World champion Fernando Alonso believes his McLaren team are giving preference to his rookie team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
The Spaniard had misgivings as soon as he joined the team at the end of 2006, he told Spain's Cadena Ser radio.

He said: "From the first moment, I wasn't completely comfortable. I am in an English team, with an English team-mate, who is doing brilliantly.

"We knew all the support and help would go his way. It is something I understand and I'm not complaining."

Hang on a mo, wasn't it "the other way round" just a few weeks ago??

He's fluking it every single week!

"McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton will start on pole for Sunday's US Grand Prix, after beating team-mate and world champion Fernando Alonso in qualifying.

The 22-year-old Briton clocked a fastest time of one minute 12.331 seconds, 0.169secs ahead of Alonso, to claim his second pole in as many races.

Alonso was fastest in practice and the first two qualifying sessions but lost out in the third at Indianapolis."

Sorry if you haven't seen the race yet, Scouser, but Hamilton chalked up another one, easily too... I wonder if those same bookies are now taking bets again?

Quote:
Spaniard Alonso took out his frustration at losing to Hamilton in the United States on Sunday by shaking his fist at the team on the pit-wall.

The double champion had swooped across the Indianapolis track before making his angry gesture just one lap after failing to overtake his young team-mate as they diced for the lead at 210mph.

Is that how F1 works now? I didn't think that the person behind had the right to overtake if his car "was faster".

wakaranai.gif

That guy seems to be generating a lot of interest back into F1. He does seem to be an incredible title. Seems bizarre to say that Hamilton should have pulled over to let him past on that straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Toys out of pram once more:

FERNANDO ALONSO sensationally claimed last night: I will have to let Lewis Hamilton win the British Grand Prix.

The whingeing Spaniard believes the Brit factor will work against him when he takes on his fellow McLaren star at Silverstone on Sunday.

And he is convinced McLaren would prefer the rookie wonderkid to take the chequered flag in his home race.

Alonso, 25, blasted: “I think that, yes, they will prefer that and I don’t think there will be any argument.

"We will be in England and we have a Spanish driver and an English driver and the Englishman is leading the championship.

"So if he wins, it will help the team more.”