I really like the funky bathroom cubicle unit type things that some places have. I'd like one here rather than the rubbish UK style shower/bath patheticombo thing I have.

Do most people have bathrooms like that now or is it a hotel thing? And I suppose there are different models but I'm curious how people pick them and get them installed....

NO!

Pints means the hotel style prefab plastic cubicle with flexi walls and seams. The sizes are always the same whichever hotel you go to.

They're actually the safest places in case of an earthquake.

Pints, if you want one of them in your home, then you're welcome to it.

We have two. You pick them from a range and they come as standard units in prefabricated sections. They pop together and are sealed with silicone.

UK domestic plumbing is rubbish. With the insistance on low pressure hot water systems, instead of a shower all you seem to get is a trickle of lukewarm water.

Something Japanese I really miss when abroad are the cyber-dunnies.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
you mean the automatic baths where you press a button and it fills up at X temperature? If so, I love mine - very economical too as I can reuse the water for about 5 days. Just press a button when i get home and its heated in 10 minutes or so \:\)
They're great aren't they! Temp control rocks!
But I don't know about economical and heating up the water takes alot of energy.
We recycle our bath water by pumping it into our washing machine.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
hope youre not using bath salts indo ;\) I couldnt reuse mine cuz of that. Love the faux onsen salts
No bath salts when recycling, Every now and then I have to have a bath with salts.. on NON washing days!

I really like them, again coming from the UK it is perhaps easy to impress as someone mentioned.

The most ridiculous things about older UK bathrooms in general apart from the trickle of the shower is carpets! WTF is that all about?

Modern bathrooms can be very nice though, it seems Brits might be catching up on the concept of wanting a decent bathroom experience.

Talking about ridiculous UK bathrooms, what about the shower head units that are set at waist height? So you have to squat in the bath-tub and wash yourself in this really complicated manner.

After spending 2 years in the UK, I was constantly baffled by the odd shower set-ups and lack of water pressure. And English people loooooove baths (at least in my experience). I had a work mate you refused to shower, and would get up at some absurd hour every morning so he could run a bath before work/

Nasty!

There is one good thing about this unseasonaly warm winter - getting up in the morning has not been as bad as we expect. Hardly compensates for lack of powder, but... you have to clutch at some straws.