spearmint. Your leaf is not extra.

My wife does the cooking, not because I'm a prick, but because she rocks at it. Except for Italian, NOBODY cooks italian like me. (except in Japan, the ingredients aren't so readily available.)

Irish stew with about 3 heads of broad leaf parsley. Yorkshire puddings the size of dinner plates.

In the stew I cook 2 kinds of potatoes in 2 ways, flowery potatoes to build up the stock and waxy ones to stew for 2-4 hours.

For desert "Death by chocolate". But I don't have an oven in Japan so I can't make it.

Scary! burnt beef ? eek.gif

Yellowsnow, I googled "Death by chocolate" and found there's a lot similar stuff e.g. brownie which I have cooked some times. All looks yummy but... Chocolate = way too much calories to me \:\(

Slimeypete, caramels sometimes take some artificial teeth off! lol.gif You have to be careful.

BOC, I cooked some herb curry last summer which is listed in a cooking book. A bit sweet at first but soon too hot feeling widespreaded in my mouth which was funny.

lol.gif

Here's a few of mine:

-------

Banana Toast!

Toast some bread, Heavy with the margerine. To spite what some health nuts would have you believe margerine is good for you. It reduces cholesterol. Anyway then mash a banana with a fork and spread the banana on the buttered toast. Yummy! If you want it extra yummy place it all back into the toaster for another minute or so to heat the banana part. Ummm that's assumming you have a toaster-oven type toaster.

Banana Toast Rocks!!!

-----

Avacado toast made the same way but without the heating-of-the-topping part is great too! Add salt and pepper to te final result though!

-----

Rice Cooker Casserole

Buy some kind of pasta noodles - doesn't matter - macaroni, the shell type, or the twisty kind or other. Put one layer in the botton of the rice cooker (one shell thick). Then a layer of sliced nus (egg-plant). Then a layer of mozzarella. Then a layer of button mushrooms (not the psychodelic kind). Then another layer of the uncooked pasta. Then some hamburger or a can of tuna - whichever. Then some Jack cheese. Another layer of nus (egg plant tends to take on whatever flavor it is mixed with). And another layer of pasta. Put cheder cheese on top of that last layer of pasta.

then add milk till you can see the milk. It's not over the top of the highest layer but if for example the layers are 8 inches deep (a large rice cooker) then the milk would fill to about the 7-inch mark.

Close the lid and cook. When the cycle is done it won't be 100% cooked - depending on the kind of rice cooker you have and what it sences as "done". Anyway open it up and add your favorite ultra-crispy potato chips to the top layer. Close it and cook a second time but check it if you think it may overcook on a full second cycle.

Open the lid, cut like cake, salt & peper, eat.

-----

Rice Cooker Cake.

Go to the 7-11 or wherever and buy some pancake mix. Make enough servings to fill your rice cooker about 2 inches deep with batter. Add sliced fruit (bananas, Strawberries, Mikan slices, whatever. Close the lid and cook.

Cut like cake and eat. \:D You can use this like Johnny bread for breakfast too. Just add margerine to a slice and you just ate a pancake wedge without the syrup.

-----

Grill Cheese Sandwiches

Butter two pieces of bread. Put the butter side of one piece down into a cold frypan. Add chease. Place the second one on top. Turn on the fire. Cover the pan (this melts the cheese). When the first side it nice and brown turn it over but do not place the lid back on - this will deliver you a nice crunchy sandwich!

Some people like to add mayonnaise and american mustard. I like it both ways.

-----

The Mac Trick.

Go to Makudannorudu :p and buy the cheep-o 60 yen burgers. Bring them home. Slice a tomato. Shred some lettuce. Super thinly slice some tamanegi (onion). Optionally mash up an avacodo.

Open the mac cheepy and build a better burger. Add mayonnaise and maybe some catsup too.

Eat.

This is actually cheeper BTW than frying your own hamburger and buying your own buns. AND it turns a "fat-burger" into a healthy-burger!

Margarine reduces cholesterol? it's good for you? I read somewhere it actually increases your chances of getting heart disease by like 300 % and that all the health benefits originally marketed turned out to be false. (I really wish I still had that email in my inbox.)

Interesting that if you put it in your closet for a month and open the lid, nothing will happen. Nothing will eat it. No bugs, no mold, nothing. I remember reading that margarine is one molecule away from plastic. Actually, I read it wasn't originally created as a food product, but I can't remember what exactly that original reason is. nonetheless, the fact that no fly will touch it is enough reason for me to believe it probably has zero benefit. If it's not good enough for a fly...

It's corn oil. And it molds quick enough I can tell you that without doubt. Also I can tell you that ants eat it fine - the little bastards!

Anyway the heart desease junk and other scares about margarine are a myth.

Butter is a totally different story though! That shite will kill ya!

lets all have a little magarine test this summer. Daily blogs.

here's a good toast one.

Heavy spread of Vegemite.

Mash up 1/4 or 1/2 and avocado ( you can do it on the bread if its soft enough) Salt if you want it (but heaps in the vege)

Cheese on top and pop in the oven toaster.

Some people don't like the warm av, but I love it!

Tesselator - ah, but does it make a mazui burger into a delishburger? I think not.

I do my best to make decent pies but the ingredients just aren't at hand. Getting the pastry is the biggest headache. How I miss good pastry foods here.

Pie-eater,

Yes! Actually it does! Think about a thick slice of tomato, a CRISP leaf or two of lettuce, a thin slice of FRESH onion, REAL mayonnaise, add the avocado and yes that dull bland meat between a bun gains new life! Actually becomes yummy!

Griller,

Yup! I do that allot. I also add red chilly peppers (HOT!) to the mix to spice it up! There is a mix you can buy in the store that has dill and some other seasonings already in it that might taste a little better to you than straight vinegar. Shrug. For me jane: yeah, 30min to 1/2 a day will do ya! Or so says the instructions on the bottle. It says you have to massage it though.

Interesting note:

These are called ichi azuke in Japanese meaning a pickle made in one day. Ichi azuke also means a One-night-stand.

\:D

Pie-eater,

For excellent pie-dough it's just sifted flour, salt and lard - yeah, and a little water.

Roll with a rolling pin, place in pie-tin, add sliced apples (no sugar), and a sprinkling of cinnamon - cover with dough lattice and bake, will make you an awesome apple pie!

You have to put about twice as many apple slices as what looks right. They cook down.