Clients who just won't pay - what to do next

I have a customer (or previous customer) who still owes us about 90,000 yen. They have owed it to us for nearly a year now and I'm just wondering where to go next with this as I am fed up of wasting phonecalls.

Any top tips and advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation most welcome.

Thanks

mina2

Have you ever tried to send them any "naiyoh shomei yuubin 内容証明郵便"?

It's a special letter on which the post office puts their stamps at the letter which means the other ( your customer ) would know the post office has already known what your customer has owed to you. Maybe it could give your customer a slight pressure? But if it's nearly 1 year, I think your customer is kinda 'hairy heart' ( 心臓に毛が生えている=物事に動じない)person. It might not work.

Maybe your local city office might provide some counselling for it for free - maybe once a month something like that. Just ask them what you can do for it.

If even their advice didn't work, I think the next step is to go to a court. I am not sure how much it would cost though.

At the same time, you had better verify why it happened so that you can find some ways to avoid yourselves out of this kind of troubles.

Good luck

wave.gif

Hire the yakuza to collect....they'll absolutely terrorize the guy until he pays. One dude near my wife's parents owed yakuza money, they spray painted obscenaties on the wall in front of his house, thru bottles and garbage at the house in the wee hours of the morning, etc. One day, it all just suddenly stopped...either he paid or....

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
gamera that naiyoh shomei yuubin - you saying this should be sent at the beginning or as a record when he's chasing up.
No, not at the beginning.
I think mina2 ( or his/her company ) sent an invoice to the customer if the customer didn't pay for the service at the time s/he got it. But s/he has not paid anything yet that's why it's time for mina2 to use a naiyoh shomei yuubin to give some pressure to the customer.
Also it works as a record because a post office stamps on it.

Thanks. The guy seems to not care about anything, basically says he has no money and can't pay - put a bit of pressure on and he says he'll pay it before ???? and then doesn't pay and it goes on like that. I just called him again and threatened to take more action if it isn't paid before the end of the week.