American Idol (for those of us watching Fox Japan - no spoilers please)

Yeah, I though so too. Looked like she enjoyed herself though.

Last night's show was much shorter - Fox cut out loads of the ads which was a very good thing but it seemed like they also cut off the end of the show. No advice for the guy being booted off from the judges and no last performance from him.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never keen on that kind of music but she shouldn't be singing an uptempo thing like that and think she will get away with it. What a mess.

They did cut it short didn't they.... seemed very rush, I presume in the US the results show is an hour long. Actually results shows are generally annoying apart from the actual result bit. Best to tape and ff.

It was cut short because they overran their time slot.

From the first season, Ryan Seacrest would do the closing. When they ran out of time for the first time, Seacrest closed with just "Seacrest out". And it was used from then on. Though this season it seems a little not used.

No surprises last week so nothing to spoil for you guys.

That beatbox kid - do you think he's a good singer? I can see why he is proving to be popular, but I think he has a really weak voice.

Always interesting to see how they all become more and more groomed and pretty as the competition advances. Shows you what a stylist can do.

No I don't think he's particularly good. That Hi I'm Justin guy as well.

This year surely it's going to be a girl final.

Just wondering are there any/many scandals about the voting on this show?

I bet! They don't seem to be boasting about the number of votes as much this year - I remember a couple of weeks ago it was a fair bit over 30 million, but he just said 30 mill on the last show. Not as popular this year perhaps?

I read something a few weeks ago (before I started blanking out news on AI) that it wasn't getting the numbers of last season. Makes sense when the singers were not as good. I think they have improved the last few weeks, but there is no excuse for Sanjaya dude to still be there. I wonder how far he will go. Simon does not seem impressed. lol.gif

I'm sure Simon won't be losing sleep over it:

^^^^^^^

Music mogul Simon Cowell's fortune has grown by £40m in one year, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.

The X Factor and American Idol judge is now thought to be worth £100m and has jumped 244 places on the list to 700 - the highest climber in pop.

Cowell has overtaken singer Robbie Williams, who is now worth £95m - £5m more than last year. Sir Paul McCartney is ranked at 102 with £725m.

Surely that number is for the 5 seasons. $38 million for just being on there sounds totally unrealistic. I know he gets paid a lot and will get income from AI artists etc, but..

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
I bet! They don't seem to be boasting about the number of votes as much this year - I remember a couple of weeks ago it was a fair bit over 30 million, but he just said 30 mill on the last show. Not as popular this year perhaps?
co-incidentally there were 38 million votes this week.

The show last night seemed really really rushed - suddenly down from 2 hours to 1 hour.

Not very good were they in general.

Of course Sanjaya should not be there but I reckon frizzy hair guy will be out soon.

No he wasn't. But surely he will be gone once we are left with only the better singers. And yeah what was with the mad rush program?

Got to admit I'm not enjoying it as much as last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed most of it over this last weekend but I see Haleys legs didn't get her any further. Were people any good this week? They only repeat it on Wednesday or Thursday so I'll have to wait until then to see it.

I don't think it is half as good as last year either. Just seems boring this year somehow. Seems like the judges can hardly be bothered to comment some nights, too.

Think Idol Gives Back is quite a way away for us. Last night they said that people still has time as the somewriter contest was open until April 17th.

I'll still watch it but I agree, not as good. I'm not sure I want anyone in particular to win!