• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird2:
While I have heard about the throwing beans and often see the sumo guys do it on tv, I don't really know what it is!
T-bird2, it's getting happiness coming into your house & punching away the oni by throwing beans against oni. You can get your age + 1 number of beans to eat!
When I was a kid, I wanted more beans but now.....
Too much! lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Man....I threw beans, ate beans, ate maki sushi while facing a specific direction and instructed not to talk...maybe my wife is messing with me but I don't get this tradition at all....
She's taking the piss!

Actually it's true! (she's not taking the piss)
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Man....I threw beans, ate beans, ate maki sushi while facing a specific direction and instructed not to talk...maybe my wife is messing with me but I don't get this tradition at all....
SJA, if I remember correctly, this eating a roll sushi facing a certain direction was created roughly 25 ( maybe a bit more ) years ago in Osaka when I was a uni student. I worked for a sushi restaurant for a part time ( arubaito ), it was not that popular to do that at that time but sushi restaurants tried to make it popular.
So it was not quite an old 'tradition' compared with Japan's thousands years' history.
\:\)
  • 2 weeks later...