Jurassic 5, one the most original and unique hip-hop groups going around is coming to Japan. They will be playing a show in Osaka followed by a show in Nagoya and then Tokyo.

I am planning to go to the Nagoya show on the 21st of February. Is anyone else thinking of going?

Just a few questions:

Has anyone been to Diamond Hall, Nagoya before? Is it a good venue?

Does anyone know a website where I could buy tickets to this concert?

Is it true that you can catch a train from Hakuba station to Nagoya and it will only take about 4-4.5 hours?

Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks, hope to see some of you there, it will be great show.

I know those guys! Used a track on a surf flick I made. Don't think I'll be going though.

Diamond hall is pretty big. Been to alot of Dance gig's there.

I think you can catch the shinnano JR train from Haks to nagoya. I thought it took around 2-3 hrs but there is more than likely a slower train. Bus could be an option too.

as for tix... I don't know.

ps. bring ya baggies!

>Is it true that you can catch a train from Hakuba station to Nagoya and it will only take about 4-4.5 hours?

as indo said that'd be the slow train. There's a rapid-express train which is def. 3 hours or less and costs bout 4000 yen.

I took a Shink from Osaka to Nagoya, then the rapid to Matsumoto, then local to Hakuba and it was about 10,000 yen and around 5 hours.

How much are tixs for em? Prolly 6,000-8,000?

Diamond hall is a nice venue. I've been there for a couple shows. I'm terrible at estimating how many a venue can hold, but I'd say it prolly holds 1,000 or so. Non smoking too, not like that really means anything.

I might hit the Tokyo show.

MH, yeh i was hoping to hit the tokyo show but we leave that day unfortunately.

Thanks for your help people. It's a shame I can't use my JR rail pass to go to Nagoya, but if the snow isn't looking great around the time of the concert i think i'll fork out the extra and go catch a good show.

Just bought tickets to Coachella music festival in California (www.coachella.com) so i'm not too fussed anymore. Plus I have to save for that now anyway...but well worth it. Take a look at the lineup, it's pretty amazing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Motherhucker:
Non smoking too, not like that really means anything.

I reckon you'd have at least 600 out of 1000 people there smoking if they were allowed.

Hakuba-Nagoya is JR as Indo sez.
Yo yo good to go y'all!

Hakuba-Nagoya is JR east? Well then i'm down brother, fooow suuuure!!

'Let's take it back to the concrete streets, orginal beats and real live MC's, playground tactics, no rabbit-in-a-hat tricks, just that classic rap sh*t from Jurassic!'

• 3 weeks later...

JUST IN:

Jurassic 5 are breaking up after this tour....FOREVER! This will be your last opportunity to see them live!

I really have to go but am having trouble finding tickets...I've been told you can get tickets from Lawson and 711...should I try there?

Also, Hakuba to Nagoya is JR...but will I defintely be able to use a JR EAST pass to get there? I'm not sure nagoya is located within the east boundaries?