• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep a genki drink and protein bar in my car. They are for emergency hunger or unexpected overtime boarding only. Unless I'm with my wife, I never eat at ski jo's.

Nothing beats a good bowl of hot miso ramen soup for lunch. Curry/rice is a bit too heavy for me on a ski day. The tiny little Japanese pizzas just aren't enough (and taste like crap), so ramen it is usually.

For Iwate/Aomori people: the miso ramen at Shimokura is really good. Too bad the mountain sucks. Shizukuihsi food has gone downhill this year. Appi is always horrible. Amihari has decent tempura, but the miso base for the soup is pretty bad. Hakkoda has a really good Udon, the big beers make it taste better \:\) Hachimantai Forest has decent food, but the non-stop Bryan Adams CD kills the mood.

Just my take on the food so far this season.

I was up at Gala/Ishiuchi/Yuzawa Kogen on Saturday.

Gala was busy and narrow, not recommended on the weekend, Ishiuchi ok. We went to Yuzawa Kogen for lunch - they have a "curry viking" (buffet) on there with 8 different curries on offer. It was quite good, although I thought 5 of the 8 were all pretty similar (beef, chicken and pork curry - the only difference seemed to be the meat in the curry!)

Not bad for 950 yen eat all you want.

I am just waiting for db to post his tale of lunchtime woe at kagura on saturday. Suffice to say don't leave it too late to have lunch there or you might be disapointed. 3pm and it is all over

• 9 years later...

Couple of onigiri and a snickers in the pockets, eat them on the chairlift to keep me going. Then have a big soup curry or something after the day's riding.

I find if I have a big lunch I feel all fat and sluggish during the afternoon.

Almost always make a pack lunch to bring.

I have a very big appertite so I need to eat a lot and a big lunch is esssential otherwise I have no energy for the arvo. A big breakfast followed by morning snack break and tea then big lunch followed by lots of tea followed by afternoon snack and tea followed by large evening meal and lots of tea.

I always bring a flask of English tea when I go skiing.

No tea for more than a couple of hours I would not be able to ski. Well actual no tea and I just cant get on with my day in general.

• 3 weeks later...

Onigiri, Snickers and mixed nuts in the pockets/pack for me.

No time to stop and dine with the gapers when the shred is on! :D