• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheesewoman and me (myself, I, cheeseman?) are doing some light jogging at the moment. More like fast walking some of the time but... It is good to get out there and be in the parks. I am not keen on my own though. Both of us doing it is good.

I went jogging on Thursday night. Outside. (Pretty amazing considering last year the roads I was running were blocked with 2+ meters of snow)

I felt quite good about it actually.

(Then got a bad cold on Saturday).

With the less than perfect snow this season so far I have been doing a bit of swimming and really enjoying it. I know whay you mean about clearing the old head - more than jogging. I just really do not like it when there are lots of people around. At the place I go it is quite empty around esa-jikan (5:30-7pm) and so that is when I go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

missed a run with Davo on Sunday but ended up having a really long swim which was awesome. I almost prefer swimming to running nowadays. Had another long workout in the gym yesterday doing the stairmaster and x-country ski machine. Damn crowded yesterday...

Orange, have you tried using a heart rate monitor before (im sure this was mentioned in last years thread). I use mine everytime and its the best way to train, IMHO.

this has good information for training schedules

this is good for learning about pacing

excellent info on heart rate monitor training

Hopefully the above few links will help \:\)

頑張れ!  wave.gif

and not that I expect you to TimTam on buyin a H.R.M. but here are a few really cheap and excellent models

http://stores.marathonguide.com/stores/store3/category.cfm?CID=25

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It does feel good. I often find if I let it slip for a while (few weeks), it takes me longer to get back up to the same level and can get frustrating. So from now on I'm going to keep it going all year round - even when I am back home.

>It does feel good. I often find if I let it slip for a while (few weeks), it takes me longer to get back up to the same level and can get frustrating.

very similar to people on diets. They start out OK but once you get slack all the progress theyve made is lost - and quite often they put on more weight.

working out is similar - consistancy is key (so is moderation so dont be a crackhead like me). thats what my coach always told us in Uni at 5:30am for our morning workouts. Gawd I hated getting up that early (surely FT can post comments on me waking up :p ) to go workout but learned how to be consistant and discipline.

swam 2.5k yest and nobody in the pool thumbsup.gif

2.5k - how many lengths is that then?

Consistency is what I must aim for. I must be consistent. I must be consistent. I just couldn't get up 5:30 every morning, I would be so miseable. I suppose it's different when you are younger (?)

50 laps. Ive noticed with my swimming that laps and time are almost the same. If I swim a mile it takes me just around 30 mins, 2000 meters is 40 mins, and 2500 meters is 50 mins - includes warmup and cool down.

Orange, reread my post. I hated getting up that early everyday in Uni. It wasnt the easiest on your social life either. Racing most weekends with long trips to all the SEC schools and some ACC schools. Plus, parties are just getting goin around 11 or 12 and its like, well I have to go run in the morning so time for bed - sucked sometimes. But once season was over geeze we through some parties. At the end of T&F season most of the teammates would have naked olympics after a hard session on the booze. That was funny lol.gif tits and ass, cokc and balls hanging out. Oh yeah, fun times. Had lots of friends on the swim team at uni too - those people have to be the nuttiest of all eek.gif lol.gif