The Australian Fierce snake is the deadliest snake in the world. It has enough venom to kill 10 elephants.

It's 10 times more deadly than the King Cobra and 800 TIMES more venomous than the American rattle snake (i love getting one up on the yanks, even if it's on a global venomous snake ranking list) lol.gif

Anyone else got anything trivial to add?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
(i love getting one up on the yanks, even if it's on a global venomous snake ranking list)
you guys love getting one up on everyone you even take other countries stuff and claim it as your own...... ohmy.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
(i love getting one up on the yanks, even if it's on a global venomous snake ranking list)
you guys love getting one up on everyone you even take other countries stuff and claim it as your own...... ohmy.gif
You confuse us with that other break-away colony who has the star-spangled banner, surely? Anyway, we'll take all our possums back if NZ take back all their expats. ;\)

The "Red Savina" Habanero has been tested at over 577,000 Scoville units! That is over 50 times hotter than the common Jalapeño. The Red Savina Habanero is listed in the Guiness Book Of World Records as the world's hottest Chile Pepper.

freshRShab.jpg

Einstein couldn't speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.

In Los Angeles, there are fewer people than there are automobiles.

About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.

You're more likely to get stung by a bee on a windy day than in any other weather.

An average person laughs about 15 times a day.

Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet in the air.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee.

Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

In 1980, there was only one country in the world with no telephones - Bhutan.

Every person has a unique tongue print.

Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.

The Fierce snake has never killed anyone (or any elephant). It needs to be so venomous because it is the only snake in the world that can kill a rat using a quick strike technique.

SG- That's the gratitude we get for taking in your refugees. ;\)

Thursday- What are these Scoville units? Was it some guy called Harry Scoville who tested the hotness of chile peppers? confused.gif

Powderoo- Brilliant! thumbsup.gif

Ski Frenzy!

Statistics show that fewer than forty Americans a year are killed in skiing accidents. That hasn't prevented some high-profile celebrities from dying on or near the slopes.

When singer and politician SONNY BONO was killed in 1998 while skiing at the ironically-named Heavenly Ski Resort in California, it was called a freak accident. At age 62, Bono apparently lost control before crashing into a tree at the South Lake Tahoe resort.

Bono's death was doubly freakish, having come just five days after a similar skiing accident killed MICHAEL KENNEDY in Aspen, Colorado. Kennedy (the son of the late senator Robert F. Kennedy) also crashed into a tree. He was killed while playing a game popular with his family: tossing a football as they sped down the slopes.

Kennedy's accidental death in Aspen has another strange connection. Aspen was the home of popular singer JOHN DENVER, who had been killed just a few months earlier, on 12 October 1997, while flying his homemade airplane over the Pacific Ocean.

In turn, Denver had been friends with singer CLAUDINE LONGET, reportedly even letting her stay in his house the night she accidentally shot and killed her boyfriend, Olympic skier Vladimir "Spider" Sabich in 1976. The same night, Longet accidentally killed whatever performing career she had, as the subsequent trial publicity left many people thinking she got away with murder.

What does that mean exactly, BP? "House sizes" as in "Big"? Does it mean Australia has the biggest houses? If so, do they count only "houses" in the strict sense of the word and exclude "apartos". If apartos are included, that's hard to believe but without them, I guess that's plausible for Japan.

Wait a minute, Japan does come out as fourth largest for house sizes in that link, why did you think it was off the mark, BP?

Nevertheless, I'm still confused. If the average house size in Japan is 95 sq metres, that seems very small if apartos are not included, but then, if apartos are included, it seems too big.

I'm just guessing but I think when they say house, they are including apartos.

Whistler? Quick, grab a few beers now, there's too much blood in your alcohol system, you're not making sense AGAIN!

I'm going to Trois Vallees in France, not Whistler. Hope I find some snow there.

Could be fishy Thursday, but they did reference the following as the source of their stats:

"Sources: Japan Statistical Yearbook, European Housing 2002, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canadian Home Builders Association, Infometrics"

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Whistler? Quick, grab a few beers now, there's too much blood in your alcohol system, you're not making sense AGAIN!
I'm going to Trois Vallees in France, not Whistler. Hope I find some snow there.
that's near Whistler isn't it?