- get down to `normal` BMI - ie. lose another 5 kgs (2kgs done already since nov).

- pass jlpt 2kyu (this was my resolution last year, i studied reasonably for it but am sure i failed it.)

- `find myself a city to live in` i want to move one more time, hopefully the last time for 20 yrs until the kids finish school. not sure if that will be tokyo, london, australia, nagano, hawaii...

I hate moving I really do. It is so stressful. But I know what you mean. I'm really happy where I am but I don't know what I'll be doing in 2 years.

I would like to try and get 2kyu as well, though I am not sure whether the study for all that kanji would be really worth it or not. Weighing that one up.

I'm hoping to take a month off and back in the UK over summer. I am hoping to be able to negotiate that time off with work.

Gambarimasu! (accompanies with really naff clenched fist stupid pose)

I hate moving too - sucks, most stressful thing possible along with changing jobs too. Last Spring was pretty rough for me but I dont have to look for a job again unless I want to which is a really nice feeling. Nice having tenure \:\)

my NYs rez is to have more time off but dont think thats gonna happen unfortunately as its outta my hands. So, just wanna create the best lessons for my students, enjoy my free time, stay in good shape, and enjoy this year to the fullest - not getting younger blush.gif

I have some things lined up in OZ that will see me do much better than I am doing here. While you're idea is a good one which I have thought through, the school isn't that big to make much for me if I did it that way. Plus all the hassles with flaky gaijin teachers and managing that from Oz.. No thanks! I know if I ever wanted to do the same again here it would be really easy to start up again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
today is the first of another very good year.

Mine again. Be good to myself in return for being good to my family.

good one thursday.
happy chinese new year =)

gung hay fat choy thursday and ewok

i am looking forward to a family dinner tonight. although, having just gotten married this will be the first time i don't get hong baos. not happy about having to give em out either!

dinner was fantastic, thanks. i'm not the full bottle on the meaning of all the food, but you eat certain dishes because they signify various good fortune for the year ahead

eg prawns for happiness, some weird fungus/mushroom/noodle dish for good fortune, slow braised pork (i can't remember why, but it's yum) and lots more dishes i can't remember

i like chinese new year because my mum is always very happy. it's a good excuse to get the family together

恭喜發財 all.

Thanks ewok, spook.

Dun forget the fish tonight now and lettuce.

The fungus is long strands of desert fungus, call "fat choy": "hair veg" pronnouced same as 發財. And of course the dried oysters. Yum.

Originally Posted By: thursday.

Dun forget the fish tonight now and lettuce.

what's the fish and lettuce for?
we had a nice big cod last night, and some san choy bao. does that count?