Hi

I'm not in my usual place over new year but got my notebook with me. I can connect to the internet ok, and I can download emails ok. But for some reason the mails that I write to send to people get put in the outbox --- but can't send. They just stay there and I get an error message.

Whatever I do I can't get them to get send.

Any ideas anyone? I've got 4 more days here and really want to be able to send mail using my normal accounts!

Thank you!

This is happening often now as ISPs are blocking port 25 and taking stricter anti-spam measures (how ever futile they may be). The easiest work-around is to use web based email when you are outside your own network. Most ISPs have web mail now so it should be easy to resolve...

Yes seems like it is Plala and that is the problem. Problem for me is that even when I change the settings it doesn't work. I'm going to have to resort to hotmail as I don't know what else to do (or how to do it!)

Thanks.

I had that problem last year when I visited a friend. Changing the port number as per that link above fixed it for me though. It took the best part of a few hours messing about, then checking on the web and finding that info. Pain in the arse all this crap, seems a lot of people with plala suddenly couldn't send mail when they changed that.