This is what wiki says akibun:

Chicago-style pizza is a very specific variety of pizza. Pizza is traditionally considered to be a type of hearth cake such as focaccia. The Chicago-style pizza shares more in common with a casserole such as lasagna. True Chicago-style pizza, a unique deep dish variety, features a buttery crust-cheese-chunky tomato sauce construction. While stuffed, pan and thin-crust style pizzas are also served in Chicagoland, it is the deep-dish style that Chicago is most famous for.

---

I love it myself, could do with one right now!

i once received a complimentary canister of pringles after phoning the head office to complain that my sour cream and onion flavour chips did not in fact taste as the label suggested, but rather very much like smoked trout. they confirmed that they did not have that flavour available and as such refunded my purchase. i only had to wait 6-8 weeks.

but deep dish is exactly the opposite of stodgy. it is wonderfully dressed with various additional flavors within the crust. it is thin crust pizza that is all too often dull and uninspiring.

surely as a torontonian you must have enjoyed an organ grinder deep dish at one point in your childhood. or are you an amato's fan?

Quote:
the best pizza in toronto is at terroni's on queen street
Got a friend in Toronto who goes on about that place. I'm hoping to in the not too distant future, would be good to check it out.