thai food - i find its great for a one off but i soon get sick of it if i have it 3 or 4 times in a row. for me indian food is better for eating every day. but yep its well tasty.

I dont know what noriko is.

My recent finds:

- hot chocolate (luxury style, with steamed frothy milk and marshmallows)

- tandoori chicken. so simple. buy the tandoori masala, marinade chicken legs/wings with it+lemon+yogurt and grill the next day, or fry and add cream at the end for a tikka masala curry.

I love it when I find a new really great place to eat near where I live. Recently I have been eating out about two days a week.

Recent find is a new Japanese style restaurant that does a killer katsudon and hire katsu teishoku.

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
tandoori chicken. so simple. buy the tandoori masala, marinade chicken legs/wings with it+lemon+yogurt and grill the next day, or fry and add cream at the end for a tikka masala curry.
although i agree tandoori chicken is delicious, especially if you can find it made via tandoor oven, i would take a serving of "gai yang, kao kua (sticky rice) and som tam" over it any day. but that is just personal tastes.

my own discoveries of late:
momos, (yum yum yum) and the wonderful world of mac and aperture 1.5. super cool!

I have a bread maker too and it was one of the best things I have bought. Use it all the time. The bread it makes is good, but the smell when it is being baked is just the best. And all so easy to make as well.

If you haven't got one yet - give it a thought.

Last year got a bread maker myself. I sometimes make cake and jam in it too. Great buy that was, I wish I had done it sooner.

Until recently I never really got into nabe dishes but have been taken to a few places of late that I really like. Had a great kaki-nabe last night \:D

Quote:
hot chocolate (luxury style, with steamed frothy milk and marshmallows)
Yes. Anything chocolate. Unfortunately, it just contributes to making me bigger-will. My own version involves 5 different chocolates. Yum.

Recently I've been making lots of different soup. Tons of vegetables and lentils and the like. Throw in some spices and anything else at hand. Nice and thick. Good for breakfast on a cold morning.

Will, how's it going matey?

I've spent the last week in Byron Bay gorging myself on every type of culinary delicacy, starting to catch up with me now, if I don't start exercising soon I think I'll have a coronary.

You back in the Ha ku of ba?

It's going fine janus, yourself? ;\) Not in the Haku of Ba myself now but will be taking a trip there soon enough. (You thinking of someone else perhaps?) \:\)

Mochi in lots of different forms. I just love that funky chewy feeling.

And nice it was too. Very nice grilled.

Tasmania Highland Chevre Log

Tasmania Highland Chevre Log is an Australian cheese that is made from Goat's milk. The cheese is fresh and lemony, with a moist, cheesecake texture. There are two versions of the cheese, plain and ash-covered. Chevre Log takes just from one to three weeks to ripen and the fat content is 35%. It is a table cheese but is suitable for grilling too.

Okonomiyaki. Never really tried it before but theres a place opened up near me that has a few different variations. Real nice.

Is it Osaka that is famous for that?

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Okonomiyaki. Never really tried it before but theres a place opened up near me that has a few different variations. Real nice.

Is it Osaka that is famous for that?
Technically, yes, Hiroshima too.

In Kansai, they call it Okonomiyaki as they do in Hiroshima. Though people in Kansai refer Hiroshima fu as Hiroshima yaki and peeps in Hiroshima refer to it here as Kansai fu (locally Hiroshima fu)

I really dont like Kansai fu. Theyre small. The base is predominantly flour making it taste really bad/dry. They dont use noodles (either soba or udon).

Whereas in Hiroshima the base is very thin like you'd make a crepe. Theyre big. The okonomiyaki is layered creating a better taste and you generally have more topics as options...hence, for those who dont know okonomiyaki お好み焼き basically means your favorite (style) cooked.

bucchi umai!