you know what i mean

you know what im saying

throwing the word 'like' in between every second or third word.

Also 'deshou' gets me a little as well. Purely b/c i spent three weeks on the road with two japanese sarariiman for work and one of them ended just about every sentence with deshou. Drove me mad by about 10 days into the trip!!

1 you raise a good point- According to Wikipedia there are at least five Marc Ellis personas:

Mark Ellis is the name of:

Mark Ellis (baseball), a Major League Baseball player

Mark Ellis (record producer), alternative rock and post-punk producer better known as Flood

Mark Ellis (writer)

Marc Ellis is the name of:

Marc Ellis (rugby), (rugby/rugby league player, national personality)

Marc Ellis (theologian, philosopher)

Marc Ellis has long courted controversy. However despite his various indiscretions, he has remained a popular figure in New Zealand society. His persona is associated with the typical 'lad' whose youthful indiscretions are to be quickly forgiven. Well known indiscretions have included

Purchasing ecstasy tablets from a drug dealer who was under surveillance by the New Zealand Police. He was among many high profile figures caught in the operation, dubbed Aqua. His court appearance ended what was considered among the worst kept secrets in New Zealand, as despite name suppression prohibiting publ sadglass.gif ication of his name, his identity was widely known in New Zealand. Ellis was fined $300.

On the television show 'Sports Cafe' then on Sky Television, he used the phrase 'sweating like a rapist', a phrase denunced by organisations including Rape Crisis. Ellis later apologised.

TGIF. fark, i hate it how on fridays all the sad sacks at work (who don't have a life anyway) walk around muttering TGIF like some sort of mantra.

and add, mondayitis and wednesday is hump day to the list.

its work. it more or less sucks. get on with it.

and i can't stand snowboarders talking that stupid shizzle nizzle jive talk. you're NOT a black gangsta, so stop pretending you even know what half those words mean.

and what on earth does hip-hop thug culture have to do with a sport that is almost exclusively for rich white kids?

i realise i sound like a grumpy old man. i'm 26 going on 56.