• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: stemik
 Originally Posted By: spook
until i watched a few UK soaps, i could never understand the english fascination with neighbours and home and away. and least there's a bit of totty running around in bikinis in the aussie shows.
eastenders and corry - drab miserable people - what is the attraction?

i guess real people - not every one is beautiful

who wants to watch real people on tv? if i want to see a bunch of sad sacks sitting around moaning about how miserable they are, i can just look at my housemates
  • 1 month later...

hullo, i've been happily using azureus on my mac for the past few months, but it's suddenly cacked itself and whenever i've tried to open it, it just freezes on an error page - anyone else who uses azureus been having the same probs?

i then downloaded tomato torrent, which is a pretty clunky but does the job, but now that refuses to download torrents, citing trackers connection errors.

i've tried trashing and redownloading both programs, but to no avail - i get the same probs.

most of the mac torrent programs (acquisition, xtorrent, bittyrant etc etc) are for 10.4 and i'm only running 10.3.9 so they're not an option. just wondering if anyone's got any advice?

Sorry about this, but does anyone have an invite for "thebox.bz"? Its a tracker for UK TV like UK Nova.

Send me a PM if you do. I can trade for another site or buy you a beer in Hakuba.

Originally Posted By: spook
ok, maybe it's a problem with 10.3
is upgrading from 10.3 to 10.4 easy enough? and can i just nab 10.4 off a friend, or will using a pirate version cause all sorts of dramas?

Upgrade to 10.4.11 (make sure you prepare your disk first with disk utility) and your problems should be solved. No drama. I would wait for a few more updates before upgrading to 10.5 if your machine is fast enough to support it.
  • 4 months later...

I can't get this to work on my machine. It downloads and installs but when I go to use a torrent it doesn't open. Limewire works fine but is sadly second rate to Bit Torrent, any tips?