Man I just went through this lately. I think if you call NTT then they will send it out and you lease it from them. Then you need an IP provider which NO ONE explained to me. So I was sitting there about to throw the cpu off the wall. Anyways, I know now. But just call NTT numbers:

0120 116 116

0120 275 466

0120 242 751

This is what I got. But it was organised for me so I hope you speak Japanese. \:\)

if not on the back of it should be a pinhole.jam a paper clip in it to hold the button down.power it on and let it go through it`s blinking sequence.Once the lights start blinking normally. then try logon with

user

admin

it`s kinda tricky to do it with one hand and plug the power in.

I had a problem FATS with my provider when I signed up. I could DL anything, use MSN etc etc.

I rang em and they checked a box for me in my settings and all was good.

I even get green smiley faces when using azureus now.

Be more specific about what you want to do and I might be able to help you abit more!

You might need to upgrade the firmware on the thing which you can get from the ntt website.if it`s not working properly.I know you need to get into it first.

and you should be able to get to it through your browser.If you know what your machines ip is

if using windows go start>run>cmd and hit enter

in the dos box type ipconfig /all

look at what the gateway ip is which is the router.

then type that ip into your browser

then it should bring up a dialogue box and

I really remember most ntt boxes having a standard

user and pass like user admin or admin admin

if the router user and pass have been changed then the only way to do it is to reset it using the paperclip in the back while it is powered on.

After doing that when you type the routers ip into the browser then the default user pass should work and you should be prompted to create your own pass.

This has been my experience with a varied amount of ntt adsl modems/routers.

Ok so I am assuming that he is at a different physical location and that you want to desktop share with msn messenger so he can control your pc remotely. and to do this you need to reconfigure the router so that he can get in?

this would be my understanding.

well if you are using remote assistance on windows then if you initiate the request it should work.

As I posted above, that is how to get in to an ntt modem/router.

You need to go into your router and open the ports so that the remote software (VNC?) can connect.

NTT router interfaces are very messy and make normally simple tasks very complicated. Best not to muck around unless you really know what you are doing or you might disappear from the SJ forums for a while...