The other I love bad movies thread didn't seem the right place. So this thread is a collection of movies that have wasted your time with almost no redeeming features. I'll start:

Omen IV: The Awakening.

Watched it last night, it really is terrible. In some ways like a retread of the original but just poor in every aspect.

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Anything new with Owen Wilson.

You Me and Dupree was utter shoite. The guy is so type cast now its going beyond a joke.

Saying that zoolander was a classic.
you've got to be kidding!?!?! how about both of the shangai hai nights/noons, starsky and hutch, royal tenembalms...ect. type cast or not, that guy is great. how can you retort a line like:
....yeah let's not try to define a thing like this, it's just too natural...hey do you two want to kiss?.....?
 Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
how could you dislike anyone who comes up with a line like,
"besides i hear england is ass soup"?
Very easily. They'd probably American (or 'North American') for a start.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
 Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
how could you dislike anyone who comes up with a line like,
"besides i hear england is ass soup"?
Very easily. They'd probably American (or 'North American') for a start.
oh there's no need to get pissy ocean

Agreed about 'royal tenebaums', total rubbish. same goes for 'the life aquatic' which seemed to be the same film on a different set.

Agreed about Oceans 12 - they only made it (clooney et al) so they could make Syriana - Clooney himself has said that in many interviews. Theres a total lack of love in that movie, and the stuff where Julia Roberts (who looks like bag lady in it, what happened to her?) plays herself is so cringeworthy to watch. did they really think they were actually being clever with that?

Virgin suicides was a decent movie I thought.

I once saw a Steve Martin move with Goldie Thawn in it that had the exact same cover as all his comedy movies, and had a title that suggested it was a comedy, and it was just a romance movie with zero comedy in it. Since that day I have despised him thoroughly.

Quote:
how about both of the shangai hai nights/noons, starsky and hutch, royal tenembalms...ect. type cast or not, that guy is great. how can you retort a line like:
....yeah let's not try to define a thing like this, it's just too natural...hey do you two want to kiss?.....? [/QB]
Films Wilson was good in, he was working with Ben Stiller. (somebody I am not a huge fan of either) they made a good combo, but I think ben is actualy quite a good director in his own right.

In the end people have to identify with charactors in movies. The whole crappy film of You me and Dupree, is centered around a life I cant identify with, but it doesnt even try, its white midle america with a touch of snobishness. Wilson plays the effeminate washup that I dont even want to indetify with. Non of the charactor interactions are inspiring, incipid at best.
I can't retort to his lines as they were written by a team of "comedy" writers with a caffeen dificiency.

Dont get me wrong though, the guy can act, he has some great films under is belt. But the type casting is killing him.