Resort Watch Forecasts - Is there a key for decipherization?

Okay, so I made that word up \:\) Just wondering if there is a key that explains all the little snowmen and the different colored hats. I looked around and couldn't find anything. I look at them on a daily basis but really can't tell much other than it's going to snow a lot or a little and that's about it.

Anyone provide a link or give me any help on this??

thanx!

I vaguely remembered a post about this and should have searched first. Thanks for the link. So, essentially, it is pretty straight-forward and basic. I wonder why they change the color of the hat and gloves and such if it doesn't mean anything? Oh well, guess I'll continue living in weather forecasting obscurity out here.

Is there a Japanese equivalent to the US's weather.com? I have a ton of sites bookmarked, and frankly, none of them are accurate at all. For instance, it was supposed to snow heavily here in Misawa for the past 36 hours but it has only just now started to flurry. They all blew the forecast on the last supposed blizzard here too. It gets frusturating after a while.

Quote:
Originally posted by cakehead:
:rolleyes: Plucky, why don't you talk to God? See what he can do for ya ;\)
Now what in the hell does God have to do with the weather??? \:\)

I really love snow. Japan is the first place I've had the privledge of living with it on a day to day basis. I guess I just get disappointed when they forecast a big dump in town or in the area and it never happens. Even the forecasters on base are only about .005% right. They suck too!

Sorry, just would love to be able to do some cross country skiing around the house this year and there hasn't been enough white stuff to do that.

SnowJapan#2 - checked that link earlier but it didn't tell me much about the cute little snowmen. I think I got it down now though. Thanks!

i follow weather on 3 different sites...they don't all agree, and they change on a half daily basis.

try yahoo weather ski the forecasts change prompty, the depths much slower, and there isn't any info on quantity. the yahoo town forecasts, tho, give 3 hourly details on precipitation for the coming 24 hours.

the yahoo snowmen don't mess around changin their hats