Madness. Angry fan sues Rolling Stones for $51 (for cancelling a concert!)

Have you seen this? "Fan" suing the Stones for $512m ( eek.gif ) for cancelling a show?! wtf?

---------------------------

Stones cancel concert, fan sues

Wednesday Nov 1 09:27 AEDT

The Rolling Stones have cancelled a concert in Hawaii so singer Mick Jagger can rest his voice.

Meanwhile, a fan sued the band for $US51 million ($A66 million) for pulling out of a New Jersey show last week.

A spokeswoman said the band was cancelling a November 22 date at Honolulu's Aloha Stadium - their first in Hawaii since 1998 - that was scheduled to end the second North American leg of the "Bigger Bang" world tour.

A Brooklyn fan is suing the Stones for cancelling their October 27 concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey, four hours before it was scheduled to start.

Rosalie Druyan filed a class-action lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court on Tuesday accusing Jagger and the Stones of fraud and in acting in bad faith because of the cancellation, which she said cost her and thousands of fans money on non-refundable hotel bookings.

The suit charges that Jagger sought medical attention before the concert and knew he would not perform but did not disclose that in time for ticket-holders to cancel travel reservations.

Druyan bought a pair of tickets on the internet for $US575 ($A748) and said she was not notified about the cancellation until it was too late to cancel her $US300 ($A390) hotel reservations at the Trump Taj Mahal.

A spokeswoman was not immediately available to comment on the suit.

The rock legends have announced that the postponed Atlantic City concert has been re-scheduled for November 17.

Their world tour now will end on November 25 in Vancouver, Canada, which originally was set to host the Stones on Friday.

As well, Sunday's show in Oakland, California, has been postponed by a day to November 6, and the November 18 show in Los Angeles will take place on November 22.

On Monday, the Stones announced that a rare "club" appearance at New York's Beacon Theatre had been delayed to November 1 on the advice of Jagger's doctor.

The rescheduled show, which is being taped for a DVD by director Martin Scorsese, will still go ahead, the spokeswoman said.

On Sunday, Jagger sang for former US president Bill Clinton's 60th birthday celebration at the Beacon, where millions of dollars was raised for the Clinton Foundation's fight against AIDS, poverty and the environment.

In August, two Stones shows in Spain were cancelled due to Jagger's laryngitis.

The European tour already had been delayed by several weeks so that guitarist Keith Richards could recover from a head injury, suffered whilst climbing a coconut palm in Fiji.

imagine being the law firm that claims this amount of damages. showing your weasel face in court week after week with each new preposterous case. i'd like to think the judge would look down on you like a piece of dirt.

$512m! thats freaking crazy

when i get sacked from this job for goofing around on the net, i'll take SJ to court for loss of earnings.

lol.gif

i'm sure it won't be long till someone actually claims 'internet addiction' as a disease or affliction.

shifty.gif

They start off with a huge figure then hope to get at least a fraction of the ridiculous amount.

But having booked hotel rooms and travel arrangements I too would be livid to the sum of at least $51m. I'd use it to cure nut jobs for wanting to go to a stones concert in the first place.