Anyone else go through periods when you feel overworked and there's just no end of things to do. I'm in one of those right now. Too many things to do, I'm doing none of them I feel at 100% and forgetting some and letting a few people down in the process.

\:\(

What do you do to cope with a situation like this?

i hang out on internet forums and procrastinate

lol.gif

nah, i just get worked up into a a ball of stress waiting to explode. when everything is go go go i find it hard to keep track of it all. so, yeah, i'm bugger all help i guess

bruce lee is pretty dope, but what about the karate kid?

i've always thought it'd be cool to have some sort of mentor who makes you do crazy exercises all the time.

wax on, wax off...

cool.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
 Quote:
Originally posted by db le spu:
Are you still on the Bruce Lee thing?
Me? Yes. All this lack of surf I have to vent and release somewhere and on someone!
Dude, I was just today reading an old thread where you talked about you punching fins out of boards. I reckon you were always a fighter. lol.gif
 Quote:
i hang out on internet forums and procrastinate
Procrastinate reigns heavy in my work flow..which adds to the stress because nothing gets done till the last minute. Recently I have reduced the amount of procrastination and finsd I have more time for other things \:D

Make a list of the jobs to be done. Do them and tick them off in order of 'easiest/quickest first'.

This is how some computer servers work - do the quick and easy jobs first and keep the majority of people happy. Those with the big jobs have to wait until the server has more resources available.

it doesn't always apply, but step back and realise that the world will keep turning whether you hit all deadlines or not.

obviously in a work environment thigs have to be done by certain deadlines, but in the whole grand scheme of your life and the rest of the world.... it doesn't really matter.

i'm not saying be a total slacker, but things need to be kept in perspective. having said that, i actually quite like being under the pump at work.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spu:
Dude, I was just today reading an old thread where you talked about you punching fins out of boards. I reckon you were always a fighter. lol.gif
Whoa, I remember that! I used to be aggressive before I learned the surfing rules here... Just drop in.
Luckily my sensei has taught me other channels in which to vent my anger. Yes, I wax my car. And I ask him to call me Danielsan too.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have started working for a tourist company - not full time employee but doing things for them. Recently it has been a lot of things - way too much if you ask me. Negotiations are going to start in January for a bit of a reappraisal!

Glad to say that come January things should also be less hectic.

\:\)