Depends if I go straight from the bedroom to work or from the dining room.

Prob. a good 15 seconds from the bedroom, but less than 5 from breakfast.

Mind you there may be a change in things that may extend the commute up to 30 seconds.

I worked at home for the past year and half. For me, not having a clear barrier between work and personal started driving me insane.

After almost 2 months of commuting now, I'm still happy to have that 45 minutes of distance between work and home. Wish I didn't have to stand the entire time on the subway, and I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon enough, especially when the baby's born, but for now I gotta say, its far better than working at home.

A 10-20 minute bike ride would probably be the ideal commute, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tohoku bum:
I worked at home for the past year and half. For me, not having a clear barrier between work and personal started driving me insane.
I have a pretty clear line between work and homelife.

Quote:
I'm still happy to have that 45 minutes of distance between work and home. Wish I didn't have to stand the entire time on the subway, and I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon enough, but for now I gotta say, its far better than working at home.
Man, Home wins over commuting on public transport anyday. I used to go 45min each way and got to sit down and read a book but with that 90mins I'd rather go to the gym than waste my time on a train.