• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way, vodafone (now softbank) has had that for a long time. Well, almost. You pay the monthly fee for the koibito deal and for 300 yen a month you can talk to your elected koibito (assuming they too are vodafone) for free, unlimited. They don't check who you register it to either so you could register it to a mate not a koibito.

lol.gif Yeah I walked into that one.

I saw the news about it after posting that last night. Seems that it is gonna be free to call/mail anyone from softbank to softbank. Sounds good. Some stupid bint announcer on the news this morning complained about the new law allowing people to change carriers while keeping their number. Her complaint went something like this: "Up till now you could always tell which carrier people were with because of the prefix of their number (ie vodafone was 090), but now you won't be able to tell who is with who anymore, and I don't like that!" WTF? What a dumb-arse bird! Who friggin gives arats arse about that? And she is a news presenter? confused.gif

Apparently the Softbank plan is so full of catches that it's not really cheaper under normal use. The cheapest mobile phone plan is offered by Willcom, but I doubt they have good coverage on the slopes :p

Smart short term PR move by Softbank though, gets them lots of attention from people who haven't looked at the details (ie. newsreaders).

why have a cell phone on the slopes?

if you split up with your friends you can find each other (especially in a big resort).

you can use them as expensive radios to cue each other when filming/photographing each other. or if a guy is wanting to jump off something but can't see the landing.

best of all, if u get hurt u can call for help

if you want cheap go willcom

if you want clear go and good signal go AU

if you want range go docomo

Softbank is last on the list and has nothing to offer other than phones. Vodaphone tried to sell its phones rather than ungrade their network.

Id say the softbank network and the willcom network are the same, willcom can also surf the net for a prepaid amount of time and is better. you can also hook your willcom phone up to your pc and surf the net at 128k. not speady but enough to do the important stuff.

I think softbank made an error buying this company really. Vodaphone made a wreck out of J-phone which was growing once upon a time.

2 year contract with huge (upto 40000 yen) penalty for leaving/changing handsets before 26 months.

Must sign up to specific plan and various options that total nearly 10000 yen per month anyways.

Unlimited calls (only to other SB phones) not available during peak hours of 19:00-25:00 (or something like that).

Email not included in the unlimited mail plan, only SMS is (and in Japan, SMS is not crosscareer because the phones have been email capable for a long long time anyways).

Other catches too, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.

Yeah, signal on the slopes is crucial for meeting up with mates for lunch.. \:D and yeah, just in case anything happens.

But damn, Willcom sounds like a great deal, and I probably don't have to worry about coverage in Tokyo, but I hear their reception sucks inside buildings..

that's total bs mad.gif

hmmm I've been thinking of switching. I'm on softbank now but I've got over 5000 points saved up which i could use to get my next phone for free/or real cheap

Is docomo still more expensive than the others or has competition brought it down?