Vegemite _ BANNED in the USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Cane:
Mantas, I seem to be a man of questionable morals but I hope you stay and I've enjoyed your posts -- that goes for my other more credible personality on this forum too.
Alright mate, time to fess up. Who are you really?
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> Our resident kneejerk American nationalist Plucky.....
Hi Ocean!
patriotism-a.jpg

Gut zu sehen, dass Sie noch ein Arschloch sind!

(Hey, at least I used the formal 'you', purely out of respect)

Wait a minute, I'm not happy to know I just spent time writing a very long (and probably incomprehensible) post to Cane who is not really Cane but someone else that I supposedly know from these forums but we don't know who he is unless he's Danz, but Danz isn't in Tokyo. I for one would like to know who I was talking to.

Personally I like vegemite, thinly spread, though I haven't had it for years. The FDA must be trying to put out a competing product and have thus banned it. Bushie - mashed potatoes? Really?

Sunrise - I don't think its Danz ;\) (but I don't know who it is)

Ocean - you can tell it is the polite 'you' as it has a capital S, otherwise it would be 'she', or 'they'. Ich lerne Deutsch, arber, es ist fukkin hard.

Plucky - the season is slowly approaching, some snow on the Austrian glaciers. I don't think you have been nationalistic for ages, what's up there? ;\) What did Alaska do to you?

Hi Plucky!

follatesnq9.jpg

So how does it feel to come from a country that is so frucked up it won't let the poor antipodeans bring their favourite harmless spread in any more? Must be weird huh? ;\)

♪ Don't touch my bags if you please, mister customs ma-aaan! ♪

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
Last post for me;
I don’t belong in here. I never did. I’ve wasted far too much time on this computer trying to communicate with all you nameless faceless people. Time that could be better spent with my family or on my business. I appreciate all the help and advice I got from you all.
It would be no surprise to tell you that this is my first forum. I am a terrible wordsmith (and typist) and I really struggled to get my point across at times. My fault entirely. Judging by some of the reactions I got I must have ruffled a few feathers, it wasn’t my intention to do so believe me. What can I say? I can’t say it has been a positive experience for overall. Dealing with people through a computer is not my style and I find an element of cowardice in the anonymity of it all. But hey that’s just me. You guys seem to have a good thing going and I wish you all the best. Even you Spud. I’m sure we would have more in common than not, but we will never know!
\:\) \:\( \:o \:D
mate, think you may need a:

B00008W6QS.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

what about spread thickly on sao crackers with butter? that surely is one of the most sublime foods in the world.

now that i think about it, its been ages since i ate a sao. gonna buy some tonight. \:\)

The Mantas / Spud altercation is over.

Next fight on the program : O11 / Plucky.

All of this on a Vegemite thread ! lol.gif

German is easy. The grammar is very well structured. The hardest part is knowing whether to use der/die/das... The rest, as for every other language is vocabulary. No weird kana/kanji involved here. Good luck.

now now, serreche, stop putting things there when they're not. You are becoming a heckler and trying to entice flames while keeping yourself on the sidelines. Ocean is merely in 'bear with sore head' mode (hi Ocean!) and Plucky is waving the peace sign and probably won't be bothered to pick up ocean's bait cos it's old and stale. C'mon Ocey baby, how can the world find peace if you want to fight old dead wars.... put your energy into the stuff that's more important. Keep fighting the the people running that damn country instead of the poor souls who happened to be born in it. Take a break, have some vegemite and hey, actually, the mikans should be just about coming out down your way now, eh? I love shikoku mikans, we did a 2 week tour there a few years back and that was my favourite travelling food. How's the new house going? I haven't been here all the time so I may have missed updates - when are you building? Or are you already building?

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:

Plucky - the season is slowly approaching, some snow on the Austrian glaciers. I don't think you have been nationalistic for ages, what's up there? ;\) What did Alaska do to you?
I'm headed down to either Stubai or Kaprun in two weeks for 3 days on the snow! Two weeks after that it's back down to Austria at either Stubai or Kaprun (can't remember which trip is which) for 5 days of skiing. Any trips planned yourself? I can't wait to ski in weather warmer than -30c!

I've never been all that nationalistic. I was simply defending the 50% of Americans who didn't vote for the moron currently running the country. Okay, so I got a little out of hand at times, but I just blame that on me being an Arschloch also ;\) Maybe Alaska froze that out of me? I did have to use an outhouse for 4 months last winter due to a frozen septic system. I think I found inner peace and tranquility on those pitch black mornings sitting on a plastic toilet seat chilled by the -40 degree air. Ahhh, memories......

SerreChe - are you bucking for Don King's position? lol.gif

He is right, though. German isn't all that difficult once you get the basics down. I had somewhat of a background in the language so it's been easy for me to pick up again. A great program that I'm using is "Instant Immersion German Deluxe." It's only 40 dollars and is pretty good. Great for vocab building and sentence structure. You should check it out spud.

To keep this trainwreck on topic - can I get Vegemite in Germany? It's been almost two decades since I tried the stuff. It's gotta taste good on at least one of the thousands of types of bread over here!
 Quote:
You are becoming a heckler and trying to entice flames
Merely observing. I doubt you will find "Arschloch" in your everyday german/english dictionnary ;\) (if you do please let me know which brand).

Quote:
while keeping yourself on the sidelines
Go vegemite go, death to brovil and the titanic song!

Quote:
SerreChe - are you bucking for Don King's position?
My managerial fees are very reasonable. I can also manage your wealth and have good connections. Please let me know if you are interested! lol.gif

Quote:
I think I found inner peace and tranquility on those pitch black mornings sitting on a plastic toilet seat chilled by the -40 degree air
Do I sense nostalgia?

By the way Plucky, I seem to remember you are quite knowledgeable about glaciers, is it correct? At some stage I will have some question for you.

I can't believe that they banned the stuff. We should ban their crap tv s#$t as that is time you never get back.

well now america has jioned the really screwed up nations, actually they where number 1 to start with. Even more now.

Vegemite nice and thick or thin on toasted sangas. love it nice and hot( can burn though)

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
what about spread thickly on sao crackers with butter? that surely is one of the most sublime foods in the world.
I was thinking the same thing and ya beat me to it. Great with salada's too! Squeeze the vege worms out and lick em off.. Don't think I could eat many now as I don't like butter.

Well by popular demand I'm back.

I've cooled down and had the appropriate dose of Vegemite so I’m back and ready to defend all that is Yobbish and unsavoury in the Australian culture. australian%2520flag%2520header.jpg

No seriously this will probably be my last post. Mainly due to the time factor more than anything else. I didn’t won’t to leave having been misunderstood. Like I said. I’m a poor wordsmith and communicator with this medium. My Jokes were taken seriously and my serious points were taken as jokes. I know ‘Aussie bashing is a piss-weak phrase and I’ve never used it before, but it was all I could come up with. I’ll have one last go at trying to get my points across.

Spud and Ocean- I’m going to take you both to task. But don’t get your hackles up. I’ll try to do this with great diplomacy and minimal venom.

As I’ve said in another thread, I’ve traveled the world on and off for 12 years and visited 54 countries. I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’m not trying to big note myself, just airing my credentials in humanolegy. I’ve chose to settle down and raise my family in small town Australia, simply because I think this is the best place to be. I was born in Australia, I’ll raise my family in Australia and I will die in Australia. I am a proud Australian.

Am I a nationalist? Don’t know, not really sure what that means. Do I think Australia is perfect .No far from it. Do I blindly ignore all it’s failures? Absolutely not. And where I can see away to change things I do. Do I think our Prime Minister looks silly preaching to the Japanese about whaling while our own environmental credentials are shot to pieces? Yes. Do I think it was a stupid idea to follow America in Iraq? Yes

Does my heart swell with pride when I see the kids in our local infants school singing the national anthem? Of course. Do I get emotional at the dawn service on ANZAC day? Yes. Do I cheer with great pride when Australia has sporting success against countries with 10 times our population to choose a team from ? Absolutely.

Spud and OC, you may not feel this way about your countries, whatever they are, but I do. I wear my heart on my sleeve, right next to the Aussie flag. That said I’m not ignorant to it’s failings. And I don’t ignore them.

Spud, I see the same shit as you do. I just don’t focus…., magnify….. and dwell on it.

You don’t think it irks me when a car full of boguns from ****-knows where turn up at beautiful Boat Harbour, get out of the car with 4 mongrel dogs and a case of VB, and when they leave there’s dog shit, beer bottles and cigarette buts everywhere. But they are not your average Australian. This is where I take issue with you. You don’t differentiate in your attacks, as long as you’re an Aussie your fair game.

There is a lot to be proud of being an Australian. We have the largest number of volunteer organizations per capita in the world. People helping people, mateship.

Australia has one of the most tolerant societies in the world, it is home to the worlds biggest gay festival. The Sydney Mardi Gras ( I’m not particularly proud of that one) but it does again highlight the Tolerance factor in the Aussie culture.

Spud you said you needed to pass a language test in order to stay in Germany. Something was suggested like that in the Australian parliament not long ago. It was howled down as racist and discriminatory. Anyone can come and live in Australia, you don’t need to speak English, The government will provide you with an interpreter free of charge. Hell, you can come and join Australia’s economic prosperity and never have to speak to one single Austrailian! You can bring your religion and all that it entails, up until 6 months ago you could even preach hatred, and learn how kill the infidels at Abduls School of Bomb Making, and no-one could do a damm thing about it. Some European counties have banned Moslem women from wearing the Berkha. We had one school that tried to ban it. Once again there were howls of discrimination and racism.

Take the Cronulla riots for example. Now I’m not for one minute condoning what those morons did that day. It was embarrassing and shameful. But you have to look at the bigger picture. Those dickheads didn’t just wake up one day and decide to organise a ‘Bash a wog’ day.

There were Lebanese gangs going around systematically gang raping white Anglo-Saxon girls. That’s someone’s daughter and someone’s sister. Out of the few that were reported, some of them were arrested and convicted. The court transcripts show that they were targeting these women because they were Australian!

Where were the Headlines of ‘Race Rapes ‘? No. Racism doesn’t work back that way. It’s a one way street! The gangs were taking over parts of the beaches not allowing access to ‘Skips’. The breaking point came when they violently bashed 2 volunteer Life Guards. People can only take so much. And for some reason us Aussies are supposed to take more than the rest. Maybe it’s because they don’t think we have a culture, therefore there’s nothing to defend. I don’t know.

Spud- you’ve also made a few references to a certain Tradesman ‘have not’ resentful attitude that exists in Australia. How long since you’ve lived in Australia mate? The skills shortage has tradesmen’s wages leapfrogging many other professions, in fact the only resentment I’ve come across is from people in office jobs (you know those suit wearing nobs) ;\) who can’t believe I earn more than them.

And the comments about small town thinking I don’t really understand. It’s like the IQ drops with every km you drive away from the CBD?

Too many generalisations.

I chose to live in a small town because I found the level of honesty to be higher than in the city. You can’t behave like an Arsehole in a small town and get away with it. You are not anonymous like you are in the city. Therefore the smaller the town the lesser number of Arseholes, simple formula really. (Unless the whole town is full of Arseholes?)

So am I a nationalist? I don’t know, you decide. I’m a proud Australian, and you know exactly where I stand. And knowing exactly where I stand makes me an easy target. Where do you stand Spud? What national anthem will your kids be singing at school? What about you Ocean? I know you have a kid, I know you are British but have lived in Japan for 14 years, but that’s about it. Are you one of those blokes with one foot in Japan and One foot in England and your cods dangling in yak shit somewhere in the Mongolian steppes? ;\) I’m curious to know.

**** Me if that’s not the longest thing I’ve ever typed!

Now if you excuse me I’m going to make some Vegemite on toast, and I might even rub some on my nuts just so I can feel all extra Aussie! happyglass.gif